Time to buy a lottery ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(visions of Bill Murray in Ghost Busters as he pulls the table cloth out from under the stemware in the dining room)

The salesman walks up ..

..and the headlight is still intact!

0,,6321835,00.jpg

What's this "P Plate" they speak of? Provisonal/Probationary for new drivers?

Here in
34.gif
you can drive any sports car/bike you want the day you get your license... the only restrictions for new/young drivers are on no friends in the car, hours of operation, get one ticket: lose your license, lower BAC=OUI.

Here's PA's Junior license...

The following requirements apply to all 16- and 17-year-old junior license holders:

* All junior drivers are restricted from driving between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.
* Second, there are mandatory sanctions against all high-risk drivers under the age of 18, regardless of whether they hold a permit, a junior license or an unrestricted license. A junior license holder's operating privileges will be suspended for 90 days if he or she accumulates six points or is convicted of a single high speed violation (26 miles per hour or more over the speed limit).
* Third, all drivers under 18, regardless of the type of license they hold, must ensure the number of passengers in their vehicle does not exceed the number of seat belts.

Down here (depending on state), first year drivers are limited in engine size, number of passengers, nighttime driving, and 50MPH. 2nd yearthey can drive 100km/hr.

As to the picture, I was laughing when I saw it on the news.

I used to live in Adelaide, and those poles are called "stobie poles"...they are two lengths of railway iron, with concrete between them. I walked into one once, with much the same results as the pic.

I just took a closer look at the "pole". It is kinda like a reinforced (somewhat blunted) knife edge for doing spectacular damage to a moving object with enough inertia.

I mean, if you wanted to design something to do maximum damage before yielding to right of weight, that would be a good way to do it, I imagine. We design our poles to snap off and then crush someone else when they fall on them. If it's tall enough, it doesn't have to be the car that did the snapping.

Safety first!!

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
* Third, all drivers under 18, regardless of the type of license they hold, must ensure the number of passengers in their vehicle does not exceed the number of seat belts.

You mean you're allowed to carry more people than the car can safely hold if you're over 18? What brain-dead politician thought that one up?

No. It assigns different penalties. You get your junior status extended beyond your 18th birthday.

I wonder if the insurance company will total that on, or require it to be repaired...

You need a lot of damage to total a $250k Ferrari.

Hmmm..they might be better off with the salvage parts. The unique properties of the Oz car destroyer, with its proprietary low visibility clever action (combining both stealth and extremely effective surgical penetration), leaves many parts intact ..as opposed to the "wrap around" damage that typical blunt force trauma inflicts. The demand for these whole parts may well exceed the difference between new and repair with a limited production vehicle like this. The whole may be cheaper than the sum of its remaining parts + labor.

Quote:
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 5 / 5
So realisitic I can almost smell the "burn out", September 2, 2008
By DustyRoads (read all my reviews) (read all my reviews)

"From living with a household of many men, the realistic feel and look of the skid mark makes the best security measure! No one wants to touch them!! I keep a bunch of change in my security "pouch". To date I have purchased 10 pairs of these security briefs and highly recommend to all"

Pabs ...err ..just what was the process that caused you to stumble on to this uniquely "pablo" product?
54.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back