Great Price....Good Deal????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was doing some work-ralated shopping at an Advance Auto. Saw a 5L jug of Lubrimoly 0W-40 vollsynthaese (full synthetic) for US$23.65! Asked if they had more, and they had 4 more. After I got home the next day, then I began thinking....did I just blow more than a hundred something bucks?!?!?!
I've never used the stuff, anybody have an idea how it will run in a 2001 VW TDI?

In Europe this is one of the most expensive oils for xample a 5L jug in Poland goes for US $ 60-70 when converted while Mobil 1 0W-40 just about the same. Hah imagine if you lived there!
Most BMW/VW/Audi owners seem to like it a lot, also the company gets solid reputation in EU and if you got the LM2041 then you got a SUPER deal see the description from US online store

LM2041-VOLL-SYNTHESE 5 LITRE SYNTHECTIC OIL PURPLE

Sale Price:
$37.00

Quantity:
Manufacturer: LUBROMOLY
Part Number: LM2041
Description:
LM2041-VOLL-SYNTHESE 5 LITRE SYNTHECTIC OIL PURPLE
FULLY SUNTHECTIC, ENERGY CONSERVING ( FUEL ECONOMY ) SAE 5W-40 MOTOR OIL FOR THE LATEST ENGINE CONCEPTS ( BOTH GAS AND DIESEL), SUCH AS MULTI-VALVE ARRANGEMENTS, VARIABLE CAM AND TIMING CONFIGURATIONS,TURBOCHARGING,SUPERCHARGING,INTERCOOLING, ETC. SAVES FUEL, PROVIDES INSTANT LUBRICATION AFTER A COLD START. GOOD FOR EXTENDED OIL CHANGE INTERVALS AND HIGHEST DEMANDS. WITH APPROVALS FROM BMW, PORSCHE AND VW-AUDI
MOTOR OIL

Last edited:
I found a 5-liter jug of that Voll-Synthese 5w40 about a year ago for $28.99 or $29.99, and I thought that was a great price. $23.65 is a terrific price for an excellent diesel-rated synthetic oil.

It meets the VW specs for a 2001 TDI, and should be good for the normal 10k-mile oil change interval.

Considering that Walmart is now charging $22.00 for gallons of Rotella T 5w40, you've got a better oil for a lower price. (5 liters is better than 4 quarts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back