FSI engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using redline 5w40. The change in turbo lag is almost night and day. It wasn't bad before at all but now my "d" mode feels like "s" mode and it just flys! I have no info yet though on UOA/wear metals etc. as I just changed the oil.

My BDY motor chugs 504.00 oil like your're chugging beer through a funnel--- I burn roughly 1 quart every 2500 miles.

With a 502.00/5w40 oil, I burn 1 quart every 5,000 miles.

....so my current oil change, I switched to RLI Biosyn 5w40 to see how it fares.

I am having decent results with Amsoil 5w-40 Euro formula, but the oil was shot at 5k. I am seriously considering changing over to RLI Biosyn 5w-40 and am anxiously awaiting your results!

Biosyn should perform similarly to the way it does in the Audi FSI V8. The 1st change will preform some cleaning, but if 1-2 quarts are drained and refreshed, you should be able to push the OCI out. After that, you should see much longer OCI's. I routinely run 10K.

Originally Posted By: RI_RS4
Biosyn should perform similarly to the way it does in the Audi FSI V8. The 1st change will preform some cleaning, but if 1-2 quarts are drained and refreshed, you should be able to push the OCI out. After that, you should see much longer OCI's. I routinely run 10K.

wow... 10k, on your engine... the BDY engine (and the second generation of 2.0T motors) says 10,000 mle OCI's from the factory...

especially when you get on the 'tex some of the a$$hats tell you either get VW502.00 oil or your an idiot--- and it's the same idiots that don't realize the VW502.00 is inadequate in turbo FSI motors. They have no real proof, that 502.00 is adequate, only because VW and Audi says so, that's enough proof for them.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
especially when you get on the 'tex some of the a$$hats tell you either get VW502.00 oil or your an idiot--- and it's the same idiots that don't realize the VW502.00 is inadequate in turbo FSI motors. They have no real proof, that 502.00 is adequate, only because VW and Audi says so, that's enough proof for them.

I have been amazed by this attitude on tex' too and I have given up on talking about oil there as it is a waste of time. It's sort of like, "How dare you question mother volkswagen" and anyone not using an oil on the 502 list is committing heresy and destined to burn forever. I just wish they would take the harder step of actually learning for themselves rather than just taking everything on authority, which is the easy way for their ego to feel like they know more than everyone else.

Originally Posted By: adibigs
i been looking into oil lately and noticed a lot of european vehicles are calling for 0w-40 non and forced induction.

That was 8-10 years ago. Now it's 5W-30 or 0W-30 for Audi, BMW and MB's (a few exceptions). At least that is the "standard" in Europe. Don't know what is recommended for the same vehicles when sold in the US.

Last edited:
I ordered a 5 gallon pail last Thursday from Jacqueline herself. It was a real pleasure to chat with her. I am doing an oil change as soon as it arrives. I also purchased their fuel additive. With shipping such as it is these days, the per quart price is MUCH more affordable with the 5 gal purchase. It was actually a no brainer. It came out to something around $8 a quart shipped!

Please let me know what those 5 gallon containers are like. Do they have a spout? How easy is it to pour out the amount you need each time?

harrydog...would like to know as well. I am going to order some RLI for my car, but would love to order 5 gal in the future if it is easy to pour/dispense.

Well, I would like to report on the 5 gal pail but I am still waiting for the oil to be delivered. I spoke with them on day 15 and they still had not shipped. They had a VERY cavalier attitude towards the whole issue. I am NOT impressed with RLI so far.

JosephH1, i have had nothing but good experience with RLI and there shipping. Yeah, they didnt send me a tracking number but i emailed the vp or someone and i got a msg back the next day with a tracking number and what not.

Hope you get it soon!

Originally Posted By: blaze1
M1 0w40

seems to do the trick

I am not so sure in these FSI motors. See RI_RS4's monster thread, M1 0w-40 did not fare well at all in these motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back