IDLE Vibration Mazda 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hello,

Mazda 3 when stopped in Drive ( Automatic )
I got some vibration 2-3 second went out for 5 seconds and come again ... and went away .. for good ...

It happens from time to time Engine mount was replaced couple months ago..

Any ideas ?

What's the idle doing during this time? Is it fluctuating? Are the windshield wipers on, or maybe the AC? Maybe turning the steering wheel? It's possible a variable engine or electrical load (I think this car has an electrically powered PS pump, right?) is causing the idle to drop momentarily, which will roughen it up depending on how low it goes.

Last edited:
Did you replace the engine mount with an OEM mount or did you replace it with a poly bushing? If you replaced a rubber bushing with a poly bushing, the poly bushing could simply be transmitting more vibration into the passenger cabin....although I wouldn't expect that to necessarily die out as you've described.

Just a thought.

Jeff

OEM.

i installed today a new starter but i don't thing it has anything to do with it ?

actually this tank was premium ... Vpower my car ask for cheapest stuff ... so i don't think so ...

It could be due to the position of the new mount. The rear mount has a lot of play built in to reduce vibration (and cause ridiculous amounts of wheel hop). If the new front passenger side engine mount - I'll assume that's the one replaced since every Mazda3 owner has to replace it at least once every 4 years with OEM mounts - is installed in a position that puts the tranny mount at or near its limits of movement, it may cause vibration.

Thx for good ideas..

I don't think its a vacumm line .. cuzz if it was it would happen everytime .. at idle not just sometimes ... I guess ?

Starter died :p
So i had to replace it :)

yeah maybe cold it is .. i couldn't recreate problem again ..

When it vibrates, is is when in an intermediate stage, or fully warmed up? Things have to stabilize before your best idle is obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back