Amsoil PI And Lucas Fuel System Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a small block chevy with a Quadrajet carburetor that I put 4 ounces of Lucas Gas Treatment every time I fill up the tank.

I was wondering if it would be beneficial to put the a bottle of Amsoil PI every 4000 miles, or would it be overkill since I am using the Lucas Gas Treatment. I did put a bottle of Amsoil PI in the gas tank about a year ago.

Originally Posted By: c3po
I have a small block chevy with a Quadrajet carburetor that I put 4 ounces of Lucas Gas Treatment every time I fill up the tank.

I was wondering if it would be beneficial to put the a bottle of Amsoil PI every 4000 miles, or would it be overkill since I am using the Lucas Gas Treatment. I did put a bottle of Amsoil PI in the gas tank about a year ago.

Using Amsoil PI you don't need the Lucas which can be a nuisance adding 4 oz every fill up. Why not use the PI every 4,000 miles, potent stuff to keep things in proper order. I do know this stuff works.

Both work. Use both as recommended, but not in the tank at the same time. Lucas is more of an UCL and has much less cleaning ability as it has no solvents. But I do think it can prevent some new deposits.

One thing I do notice on these fuel adds as with MMO, Lucas and even Red Line they seem to give less power if you put too much of it. Even at a small dose MMO and Lucas can cause lower sluggish performance.

Amsoil PI seem to give the fuel a kick. Fuel burns clean, giving the cleaner to do it's thing.

I may be noticing this too, might try to stay off the stuff for a while. Maybe I will put in the Lucas once a month.

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
One thing I do notice on these fuel adds as with MMO, Lucas and even Red Line they seem to give less power if you put too much of it. Even at a small dose MMO and Lucas can cause lower sluggish performance.

Amsoil PI seem to give the fuel a kick. Fuel burns clean, giving the cleaner to do it's thing.

I agree that Lucas give less power even if you put at ratio of 1:800, that's why I use tcw-3 oil now.

Car goes smooter without loose power.

The best fuel mileage I've ever managed with my car was when I was using Lucas UCL. If it costs me some power, the extra money savings are probably worth it.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
The best fuel mileage I've ever managed with my car was when I was using Lucas UCL. If it costs me some power, the extra money savings are probably worth it.

Very strange you loose power and gain mileage
shocked2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back