Redline SI-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry could not find anything in search to help me with my answer. btw is it better using doses of redline over a period of time or is it better to use the whole bottle when filling up at the tank?

Ted which redline product are you using? What do the instructions say? If it is a fuel cleaner I would put it all in when tank is low at the gas station then fill it with gas to mix the product.

I used a whole bottle for the first time, now i just put in 1/4 the bottle before a oil change, so every 4-5k miles

Here is what Dave at Red Line says about it. Taken from an email to me:

Johnny,

Thank you for contacting Red Line Oil, the maintenance dose is about 1.5 ounces per 10 gallons of fuel. Ideally it should be used on a continuous basis, for continued lubricity, to maintain the injector cleanliness as well as working to clean intake valve in combustion chambers.

Regards, Dave
Red Line Oil

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Here is what Dave at Red Line says about it. Taken from an email to me:

Johnny,

Thank you for contacting Red Line Oil, the maintenance dose is about 1.5 ounces per 10 gallons of fuel. Ideally it should be used on a continuous basis, for continued lubricity, to maintain the injector cleanliness as well as working to clean intake valve in combustion chambers.

Regards, Dave
Red Line Oil

Thanks Johnny. 1.5 ounces/10 gallons will make the case I just bought last awhile. I picked up a case of 12 for 5.25 a piece from Amazon with free shipping.

Is a Maintenance Dose of Redline Fuel Injection Cleaner better than a Maintenance Dose of Lucas Fuel System Cleaner.

It seems both products do these things:

1) Clean Fuel Injectors
2) Lube entire Fuel System
3) Clean up deposits
4) Prevent new deposits from forming

I have no problems with Maintenance Doses as all gas are not created equal. You may get a bad batch of fuel so these doses does help some what. Also I don't believe the low rates can clean up deposits or clean injectors to a great deal. Maintenance Doses won't do no harm and do some good just follow label recommendation.

I still believe you need the full rate to clean deposits and injectors.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I did the same thing about two weeks ago. Think I got the idea from you.

I was a Regane man for a long time, but I didn't realize this SI-1 stuff was so cheap. I will continue to look for the BOGO on Regane though as I believe in that product.

I'm looking at a Red Line MSDS for SI-1, and until now, I had no idea that SI-1 has such a high polyether amine (PEA) content... the MSDS states a range of 30 - 50%!!

In comparison, Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus doesn't list PAE on its MSDS. I could have sworn that the active ingredient in Techron is PAE... hmmm.

Same with the Shell V-Power Fuel System Cleaner.

As for Lucas UCL, the MSDS reveals little about its composition.

About 60 bucks shipped for 12-15oz bottles makes this more and more attractive.
cool.gif

That is. Would be cheaper than a gallon of FP when shipping is factored in. 180 oz and a dose of 1oz/10 gals and it comes out cheaper. If I have money left at the end of the year I just might consider it. I have a bottle of sl-1 in my trunk waiting for my car to reach 1000 miles before the next oil change. From the opinions here I can just use half the bottle in my 13.5 gal tank for the cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back