Schaeffers 9000 10.9k uoa 03 cummins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just checking out the wear numbers, and what was added and I'm pretty impressed at the amount of different viscosity oils and additives that can be added with no apparent ill effect. IE, the 20W50, 5W30, 50 weight etc. Plus the 11.9K on the oil in the fourth column's wear numbers look good for the mileage, especially given the history of the truck.

salesrep - please do not be insulted but are you sure those columns are correct. The last one looks identical to my S9000 CJ4 VOA. all the numbers match row 4 but not 3.

Engine toast..........Got rid of this machine 2 months ago. Started going thru a quart of oil every 150 miles or so....then cablam.

This is the quote from the man who took it apart.

"Well I got it out of the truck tonight and got the head off and found 2 holes with bad rings. The block is junk as well as the head."

I got this lemon with 110k. Toast at 156k.

The last UOA at 5100 miles looked so positive. As though the engine was on a normal trend. 11 Fe 0 Pb 2 Cu, I'm kinda surprised that a engine on the brink of failure could throw such a good UOA. I suppose if you had run a PQ index the large bits of metal would have been apparent. Did you have a by-pass filter on this engine.

No bypass.
Suppose the first sample showed the engines true colors and that good Schaeffers oil allowed it to hang on another 45k.

That stinks salesrep! Your observation about Schaeffers extending its life is probably right on. When a block like that iis toast that's not a good thing!

Sounds like the previous owner abused the heck out of that truck. That Cummins should have lasted WAY longer than that... Sorry to hear.
What's the next vehicle going to be?
You know you could have the block sleeved and the head redone. Build it better than stock if you use the right machinist and builder... fyi

Sweet. I love 2nd gens. I have a Goerend trans also. Built to handle almost anything you can throw at her. Goodluck.

Originally Posted By: salesrep
Engine toast..........Got rid of this machine 2 months ago. Started going thru a quart of oil every 150 miles or so....then cablam.

This is the quote from the man who took it apart.

"Well I got it out of the truck tonight and got the head off and found 2 holes with bad rings. The block is junk as well as the head."

I got this lemon with 110k. Toast at 156k.

That stinks Man....sorry to hear. Looks like you have a better model now though anyways...
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back