Shell V-Power additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi you all,

I saw at my local Auto Zone store Shell branded "V-Power" and was wondering if anyone has tried it. Is it just as good as Regain and Techron???

Durango

I assume it's the same formula that's in Shell V-Power gasoline. It has worked well for me even though I have to buy two bottles at a time since I have a twenty-two gallon tank.

Originally Posted By: KA426
I assume it's the same formula that's in Shell V-Power gasoline. It has worked well for me even though I have to buy two bottles at a time since I have a twenty-two gallon tank.
Assume nothing. V-Power is just a trademarked marketing name.

If the stuff does something noticeably good for your engine, great. If not, save your money.

I find that BP's Invigorate that's in the gas is way better than V-power!

I used a bottle of V-Power in the Miata after I took it out of storage this year. It smells like volatile stuff, at least out of the tailpipe, but I don't know if it made a lot of difference. At least it didn't hurt.

G.

Been using V-power from a BOGO awhile back and didn't notice any increase in MPG's or performance. Don't think it has any PEA in it.

Redline SI-1 can be found all day long for 5 bucks a container even with shipping, so I don't really see a better choice than that for now, plus it has one of the highest PEA concentrations you can get.

Last edited:
Redline SI-1 has a UCL function too.

I use it just before Oil Change and I see an improvement in the mileage

For now you can get a $15 fuel gift card when you spend $14 on the additive... at advance auto parts

Any comments on its performance of use? not much commentary above, and Im curious if more folks have used it since.

JMH

I have never been able to quite pin down what the general consensus is on the V-power, good or bad. I hear a lot about Regane, SI-1, Amsoil, Techron, etc., but not much chatter on the V-Power.

It definetly contains an amine cleaning agent of some sort, it smells very strongly of Amine, stronger smelling than Techron or Regane, but that could just mean a different more volatile compound, but some sort of amine is in there. I lpersonally like it. Just took a long highway trip to see some colors up in the Upper Penninsula, chucked it in, filled up and drove almost 400 miles before refilling. Mostly highway at 74-75 and two lane at 60. Got 31mpg in my 2002 Century, a good 2 mpg better than I had been averaging on the highway before. I am not saying it was the V-power, it could have been a lot of things, but I don't think it hurt either. If it is cheap or free what the heck.

I used 2 bottles during my last OCI... I didn't notice anything negative in the UOA, that would point towards the V-Power.
I'll be sure and note the fuel additives I use, in future UOA threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back