My current "additive" stash....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually one thing I can add to my short list is Stabil, which I use in stored gasoline and in my lawnmower.

So the list is Auto-RX, Regane in the clear bottle, Stabil, Bar's Leaks if needed in the coolant, and like I said I still believe in Lubegard products but I have not used any in quite a while so maybe Lubegard really needs to be removed from the list. Other than stuff like grease, graphited door lubricant, and stuff like that that is about it.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Actually one thing I can add to my short list is Stabil, which I use in stored gasoline and in my lawnmower.

So the list is Auto-RX, Regane in the clear bottle, Stabil, Bar's Leaks if needed in the coolant, and like I said I still believe in Lubegard products but I have not used any in quite a while so maybe Lubegard really needs to be removed from the list. Other than stuff like grease, graphited door lubricant, and stuff like that that is about it.

+1 on the Sta-bil. Feel naked if there isn't a fresh 32 oz bottle in the garage.
48.gif

15-Bottles of VSOT

6-A-Rx

1- Gal Pennzoil TCW3 Oil

24-qts MMO, I use a lot of that in the gas, and toward the end of the OCI's.

Water-zorb for the power washer engine.

Stabil

2-Techron

2-Regane

6-Valvoline FI Cleaner

3-Lucas UCL

Frank D

I use SLOB as a zddp boost in my oil. Also have some HM add that has a lot of zddp, and some pcmo additive that has about 21000 ppm zinc!

For the fuel tank, I add 1 oz of 2-cycle oil per 4 gallons in hopes of reducing frequency of fuel pump failure as well as lubing the engine top end, and injectors.

Auto-Rx - 18
SLOB - 64
VSOT - 2
Xentx Extreme Engine Treatment - 8
The Outlaw Compact Performance + Oil Treatment - 2

Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner - 36
Chevron PurEscape Performance Optimizer - 4
Gumout Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner - 63
Gumout Regane Gas Milegae Improver - 18
Lube Control FP Plus - 1
Lucas Injector Cleaner 5.3oz - 39
Prestone Complete Fule System Cleaner - 2
Shell V-Power Complete Fuel System Cleaner - 6
STP Fuel System Cleaner - 30
STP Fuel Injector Cleaner - 10
Valvoline MaxLife Fuel System Cleaner - 2
Valvoline SynPower Complete Fuel System Treatment - 9

64 of SLOB? That's crazy.

Wish I had known it was good stuff back when I was remarking about "how good can it be, it's PINK?!" and it was still on the shelves.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
64 of SLOB? That's crazy.

Yeah, man ..but it's a smart crazy (yeah, man - but it's a dry heat). This is BITOG. Extreme, full contact, lubrication. No stash is too big
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Yeah, man ..but it's a smart crazy (yeah, man - but it's a dry heat). This is BITOG. Extreme, full contact, lubrication. No stash is too big
grin2.gif

In this case, crazy awesome. Crazy surprised. Crazy jealous.

It's nice to have all the SLOB you could ever use. Several times I have thought about putting together car care gift baskets for friends/co-workers/family.....Some SLOB, 5 qts of 5 or 10W30 dino....maybe a bottle of arx for those I know could use it....

But then I push that out of my head and go stare for a half hour at my precious......stash.

Auto-Rx works with engines- transmissions-seal leaks -power steering-differentials-motocycles.One product and oil. Appreciate your post.

New home page makes it much easier to access information and test data

My stash has grossly been abreviated over the past several years.

For my two cycle lawn equipment, other than OEM oil I warehouse only sta-bil. Fuel containers are stored in an outside aluminum building and daytime heat is a consideration. Run ARX for the final 10 hours of service life on the John Deere Tractor and the Briggs push mower. Much more effective drains.

For the Yamaha outboard, I stash a bit of Sta-bil Marine version. In Florida we are being supplied e-10 for the first time this year. The 52 gallon tank is kept 90-95% full at all times to minimize ambient moisture.

For automotive applications, whether it be engine, auto-trans, transfer case, differentials I use Auto-Rx. Recently stocked up on the Octoberfest special pricing. Three bottles on hand. Continued maintenance doses on the 3800 series plant in the wifes '04 Impala. Maintenance dose on the 4.8 liter in the Silverado. Transmissions are both due for fluid change out, as well as power steering, and differentials on the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back