About to store my S2000...STABIL??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

What's the consensus on using STABIL for winter storage? I'm about to store my S2000 for the winter. Is STABIL needed for the gasoline? I've read mixed things on the internet and wanted the opinions of those on this forum.

Cheers,
Kevin in Toronto

Id say yes, though there were discussions some time back regarding stabil causing some sort of buildup or so.

Id also consider a light dose of TCW-3 2-stroke oil, as they supposedly have stabilizer content to them.

Regardless, go on a good, long, gentle drive and use up all the old gas as quick as possible after storage is over.

JMH

Apples and oranges I know, but Stabil in my 2 cycle outboard has never caused any problems even in extreme long term storage. And the carb jets are very very tiny and the smallest piece of debris would cause you problems in one of these.

Seafoam is also a stabilizer as it Starbrite from Starton company.

I also bought some of the new Stabil ethanol formulation. Stabil says it has four time the amount of anti corrosives and better fuel stability than their regular red stuff.

In addition to the stabilizer I would add about 2oz MMO/gal of gas, to the gas just before filling it up and then drive the car for about 30 minutes or so before you put it away. The MMO will coat all the combustion chamber internals so nothing rusts.

We recently took my son's car that was in storage for 7+ months with the Stabil and MMO combo as I mentioned, and had no problems at all. We added an entire qt. to his 2000 BMW 323i.

HTH,
Frank D

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
MMO is Marvel Mystery Oil.

Thanks Saturn_Fan........

Frank D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back