Donaldson P169071 Filter pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a Purolator cost $18 what in the world does a Donaldson sell for?

I also notice that filter says made in the USA, my Amsoil EaO for my Jeep says made in Mexico.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny
If a Purolator cost $18 what in the world does a Donaldson sell for?

I also notice that filter says made in the USA, my Amsoil EaO for my Jeep says made in Mexico.

LOL.gif

It's always funny how we're always in a top that keeps on spinning in oddities.

btw- on my EaO57 (ph3614) I can find no "made in" anywhere
54.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: widman
Here are the insides of the P550008. I like the pleats in the filter media. I've seen lots of filters where the pleats collapse and stick together.
I just bought a couple of filter cutters from Summit. I'm going to start cutting used filters when I get back to Bolivia.

P550008-desarmado.jpg

P550008-media-filtrante-y-p.jpg

P550008-Valvula-de-alivio-d.jpg

P550008-tubo-central.jpg

P550008-base-y-valvula-de-r.jpg

The can really pops apart from the pressure on the anti-drain valve. I don't know what temperatures the valve withstands, but it starts out very strong.

Fantastic construction!

I just sold one to a buddy of mine for his 525RWHP Mustang.

You are right Johnny, I have two Ea's 042 and 015 for my Jeep and to my surprise both say "Made in Mexico", which makes sense since Donaldson has a huge factory in Monterrey. The sad part, is that I can hardly find the P16071 here and if I'm lucky, I'll have to drive 80 miles and pay $25 Dlls. for each.
mad.gif

So much for NAFTA
21.gif
Apparently much is one way.

We had an oddity due to NAFTA laws/regs at my last non-job. The Mexican plant has to send all of their scrap back to the USA. The president of the company finally figured out he could have it shipped to a landfill in Texas or some place instead of trucking it all the way to PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back