Havoline Fully Synthetic 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of the Oz members seen this oil yet ? Or is it available in the US under the Chevron / Texaco Havoline brand ?

http://www.caltex.com.au/products_oil_detail.asp?id=323

PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS

API SL, SJ, SH
API CF
ACEA A3-02, B3-98, B4-02
BMW Longlife-98 (SAE 5W-40)
Mercedes-Benz 229.3
Porsche (SAE 5W-40)
Volkswagen, 502.00 and 505.00 (SAE 5W-40)

TBN : 10.3
Vis @ 100 : 14.5
Vis Index : 173

A Caltex tech replied to my query, and says it's Group4 PAO. Specs look fine, and comparable to other 5w40s, such as Motul 8100, Castrol BC, etc.

quote:

Originally posted by Losiho:
...is it available in the US under the Chevron / Texaco Havoline brand ?

Losiho,

I have searched in vain for Havoline 5w40 oil in the good 'ol U.S.A.

offtopic.gif
I do have 10 qt's of Havoline 5w30 full synthetic that I got on sale recently. I'm thinking of using it in my VW GTI 1.8T. I don't drive the GTI very hard & I have an automatic transmission (so no high revving); I think the 5w30 would work fine for me.
smile.gif

I have a lot of 5w-30 Havoline Synth too. I just spike it with Delo 15w-40 for a good time. FP is almost +500f!
shocked.gif

Distribution MAY be limited to bulk sales. My mech buddy just got a 55 gallon drum of Havoline 5w-40 a few days ago from the local oil distributor. I have not used the product.

Regards,
Brain

quote:

Originally posted by acovington:
It's available in cases of 6 quarts; I have some in my warehouse! It's a very low-volume product, though, and I understand why it's hard to find. You might try the ChevronTexaco lubrication marketer locator at http://chevron.com/prodserv/nafl/wheretobuy.shtm for sources.

Yep, we've got it, but this dude is in OZ (Australia) that is asking. Can he get it down there?

I believe the Havoline name was sold to a European company to use worldwide. In the US Chevron/texaco owns the name. I think the non US Havoline synthetics are very good.

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:
Yep, we've got it, but this dude is in OZ (Australia) that is asking. Can he get it down there?

Yes, it's just been released down here. I haven't seen it on the shelves yet. The link I posted with the perfomance characteristics is from the Oz Caltex website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back