Toyota OEM 90915-YZZF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: crinkles
This has me worried, I am currently using PureOne and was considering going back to OEM... What is the PureOne construction like?

Check out my pics of the PureONE. I made a thread about it. VERY well constructed filter, as are the K&N and M1 filters.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Bill, do us a favor (or the OP for that matter) and open up the media to full length to show us the integrity of the bonding of the pleat ends. There should be a line of rips and tears that travel the entire span of the length on both ends. Any gaps ..are leaks.

Gary.. The pleats are glued along the top and bottom on the inside...

I wonder how much oil actually gets filtered by the sides of the pleats, as I am thinking most of the filtering is at the inner crease when the pressure of the oil is being pushed through the filtering media..

What do you guys think?

2845744900_b929340fd9.jpg

Thanks for doing this!
55.gif

There's a lot more room for process variable there as opposed to the full span endcap in terms of potential leakage..but it appears that they did it right.

The pressure on either side of the media is not all that different in most situations. While the oil is being "pushed" from the pump, it's being held back by the engine restrictions. It typically flows easily through the media. The oil moves relatively slow through the filter. There are surely enough interior surface imperfections (as in your impression of it being "squeezed" together) that flow should not be inhibited.

I've taken apart 2 of these filters after being used and found every single pleat to be fully glued and sealed and mildly difficult to separate. I think they are built well enough and continue to use them as they are about $5 apiece at my dealership.

Or perhaps, if you are interested, quite a bit less than that if you buy them on eBay. I've been doing this lately and it has been fine. Generally the sellers are dealers trying to get rid of inventory.

Originally Posted By: vossman
I've taken apart 2 of these filters after being used and found every single pleat to be fully glued and sealed and mildly difficult to separate. I think they are built well enough and continue to use them as they are about $5 apiece at my dealership.

Originally Posted By: vossman

Thanks for this ..but I gotta ask ..in almost 3 solid years here ..and this is the first post that you found interesting enough to contribute to?
54.gif

Again, thanks for the input
cheers3.gif

Does anyone know what type of Filter Media Toyota oil filters are made of?
The pictures from Bill of Utah’s used filter has some Hair looking Fibers.
Could that mean they have some fiberglass or something mixed with the normal paper.
I have cut apart approx. 10 of the Toyota filters and they all looked the same as Bill’s.
Maybe there just be normal paper and I don’t know what I am looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back