Good Puncture-Resistant Road Tire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The roads around me have a lot of small, sharp debris on them, and one of them got yet another tube. I'm looking for a 700x25 tire that is good at resisting punctures, price not so much an object. I hate having to replace tubes due to riding over the small stuff!

The current tire is one the local shop said would need to go soon, might as well get a good one.

Thorn-reistant tubes or tire liners. Both can be purchased anywhere. Cheap at wal-mart.

YOu can try pre-slimed tubes, but honestly, they never worked for me.

Any of the options you choose though increases rolling weight, if that's a factor for you.

Dad runs Michelin clinchers from what he's just told me. He recommends running tubes with the kevlar liners as pickled suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liners or Conti Gatorskins.

I have used liners with mountain bikes with excellent results. Adds weight but definitely cuts down on flats. I run the Vredestein Fortessa SE Blue 700x23c from the internet bike store and have only had 2 flats in several thousand miles. One was the result of a sharp stone in VA and the other was a bad patch (same ride).

PM me and we'll have to ride together sometime. Nice roads on my side of town.

This is for a road bike pressed into commuter service, so weight isn't much of an issue. Getting my tail to class on time is.

Wal-Mart doesn't carry road-bike tubes or tires. At least not the ones by me.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
This is for a road bike pressed into commuter service, so weight isn't much of an issue. Getting my tail to class on time is.

In my bicycle days I used liners too. Some extra weight but worth it if you ride on less than perfect roads. I pulled a few thorns out of tires that had been deflected by the liner and didn't puncture the tube.

Originally Posted By: sciphi

My dad orders online. I can find out who from if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back