Looking for a good newsgroup reader app

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key functionality that I want is for it to show me right at the top of the list of threads from each newsgroup, a list of threads in which I participated/replied. Sounds easy enough, yet neither Thunderbird nor XanaNews which I just tried seem to be able to do this. There doesn't appear to be an option to sort the list of threads in such a way, unless I am just missing it.

The old Outlook Express could do this easily, and so can Windows Live Mail, but WLM runs awefully slow under Win XP on my netbook. I do use WLM under Vista on my desktop though without issues.

So, can someone recommend a good free newsgroup reader that can accomplish what I want? I basically want an easy way to mark a specific thread as "interesting" or "watched" and then be able to sort the list of threads so that those marked threads appear first, and then all the other threads sorted by date.

QP, For that very reason, I've stuck with Outlook Express until I moved to Vista, then the plain-Jane WIndows Mail (not Live Mail) for newsgroup reading. Windows Mail is the 'new' Outlook Express in Vista.

I use Windows Live Mail for mail.

Gotta love how Microsoft confuses people with it's product naming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back