Best place and price on printer cartridges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scoop on best place and price on printer cartridges these days.

Brick and mortar places want and arm and a leg.

Fleabay?

Flamazon?

Other?

Printing labels and stuff for SBP has us just blasting through carts on the HP 5550 and the Lexmark Z645. Cheap but reliable, adequate printers...well maybe except the cartridge part.

I've been refilling mine. I can get 3 or more refills on my HP black cartridge (#56) before it starts getting flaky. Refills cost about $1.50.

I use http://www.printerfillingstation.com/Ink_Refills/HP/55H.htm

The important thing is to refill them before the stop printing or they will dry out.

Glad to hear you are busy enough with SBP to be burning through ink
thumbsup2.gif

I tried the refill thing once.......but alas it was empty to start!! Love their logo.

We are doing pretty well, I must admit. I get no time off with all three jobs combined. Beats death or the alternative....
wink.gif

Yes.

The spindles and freewheels came about a month later, no explanation. Of course we had to order that stuff again, so we were set back about 2 weeks. DHL paid us $100 for the initial claim.

I have had terrible results from refilled cartridges unless I do it myself. If I buy from Ebay, I get OEM ones. Many times the price is not that much different from the refilled ones. I have a InkStop store close to me. Every month they have two days were OEM cartridges are 25% off. Even with that discount I have done better on Ebay.

I killed a laser printer already.....well ok a few years ago. I should at least price them out. It's not like the supplies are cheap either. I do color on the lube bottle.

The HP was $40, the Lexmark was FREE.

I bought a single cartridge, free shipping, from a fleabay hack with good ratings. $15. I'll see how it is.....

If you are doing labels, or any heavy duty printing it will cost you big dollars in the long run to print inkjet.

My girlfriends father purchased a 20 dollar HP printer at walmart (inkjet).

He spends about 100 bucks a year on ink for the thing.

I bought a DELL 1100 monochrome laser printer for 49 dollars when they went on sale (usually 89 dollars I think).

I have put 2 25 dollar cartridges in it in 3 years, and I do a lot of printing.

Plus its faster.

I buy the aftermarket cartridges on ebay for the laser, they fill them more than the OEM's do, and they cost half as much.

Take a look at the DELL 1100 printer, it is a clone of the Samsung I think. Mine has been a workhorse..

Laser is faster and is the best feature of a Laser. If I can get a laser printer for under $100, it may be worth checking out, that's for sure. I will use these inkjets until their death and move on from there....

I buy refurbished stuff for the fractional out of phase costs. I haven't done a refresh in a while, but I've had good luck with the multifunction fax/printer/scanner/copier stuff. I could probably go back to ink for the volume I really print these days, but if I write the All American Slobovic Novel ..I could publish it myself off of my laser.
21.gif
If I still had money burning a hole in my pocket, a color laser would be in use.

Well my "new" fleabay cartridge arrived today....well except it's refurbished and was blowing ink all over the package. What a PODS.

I'd be more pessed, but it's a huge joke. Some fellow with a severe middle eastern accent answered the phone........I knew I was screwed.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Some fellow with a severe middle eastern accent answered the phone........I knew I was screwed.

Was he from Ohio?
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back