Diff fluid for 96' Isuzu Trooper??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be changing the front and rear diff fluid in my Trooper this weekend and I can't seem to find what weight oil is recommended.. Anyone know?

I probably shouldn't bother asking because I'm sure I will get fifty different answer but can anyone recommend a good readily available brand? I am not concerned with price just availability.

Thanks guys

I'm sure *any* 75/90wt will be the ticket.
01.gif

3.2 pints for the front and right around 4 pints for the rear.

welcome2.gif

Bill

It really does not make much difference. Any multiweight gear oil is fine. 75/90, or if you want a bit more protection because it is getting old go with 75/140.

One more question... I don't have the option code for the limited slip rear but I am finding that quite a few people buy rear lockers for non LSD Troopers only to discover they actually have an LSD when they go to install...

Would there be any harm in adding LSD additive if I don't have it? I am probably going to go with M1 75/140 gear oil BTW.

Jack the rear end off the ground (both wheels can spin) spin one tire and if the other one goes the same direction then you have posi or limited slip. If the other one spins the other way then you have a open diff.

It will not hurt it if you do put it in. But its not cheap.

I've not been impressed with Mobil 1 gear oil. Esp in a transmission.

Amsoil does make excellent gear oils. Not cheap but Pablo can hook you up with the correct stuff.

No need for 75-140wt in your outfit...

Take care, bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back