Regane

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time using Gumout's Regane (or any fuel additive) tonight on a 03 Honda CRV with 85k miles. For $5, I think the idle is smoother and the throttle response is quicker. Can I actually feel that difference or did I just pay $5 for some psychotherapy?

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Regane does indeed seem to make vehicles run noticeably different, but it is probably due to the kerosene.

That's sorta my speculation too. I think it's probably wise marketing to add something that's going to show the wisdom of the purchase. The last thing you want to happen is nothing.

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
I just found out that the Shell V-Power stuff has 1-5% PEA. I shouldn't have stocked up on it BOGO.

Wow, 5% max, that is weak. What does Redline have?

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
I just found out that the Shell V-Power stuff has 1-5% PEA. I shouldn't have stocked up on it BOGO.

Wow, 5% max, that is weak. What does Redline have?

Don't quote me but I thought Gary Allan posted it had 30-40%.

I believe that Redline SI-1, Amsoil PI, Gumout Regane and Gumout Large Vehicle Fuel System Cleaner all used to list around 30-40% content.

From the Red Line MSDS sheet:

RED LINE SYNTHETIC OIL CORPORATION
6100 Egret Court
Benicia, CA 94510
(707)745-6100
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
PRODUCT TRADE NAME: RED LINE SI-1
PRODUCT TYPE: Gasoline fuel injector cleaner and valve detergent
REVISION DATE: April 18, 2008
CHEMICAL NAME: Mixture
NFPA CODE: Health: 2 Fire: 2 Reactivity: 0
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
SECTION 1 - HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS
This material does not contain any chemical listed as a carcinogen or potential carcinogen by OSHA, IARC
Monographs, or National Toxicology program at a concentration > 0.1%.

30 - 50% PolyEther Amine
1-10% Isooctanol - TLV- None established CAS # 104-76-7
5-20% Aliphatic Naphtha - TWA - 100 ppm - CAS # 64742-88-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back