Regane or Techron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent a Email to Gumout, Shell....a week ago on this....no email back.

Last edited:
I also sent a email to Gumout and Chevron. Chevron's site still touts the benefits of Techron containing PEA, but the latest MSDS looks similar to the Regane wityh no PEA.

I bet the PEA stuff was a fairly expensive chemical, so a quick switcheroo to basically souped-up kerosene adds to the bottom line. Only idiots like us would notice this stuff.

Drew

Please keep us posted on your attempts to contact these companies. I am not spending five bucks for a small bottle of kerosene when there are still good products out there.

Thanks!

Redline SL-1 is looking pretty good right now if you can find it.

I noticed that Regane comes in new packaging and labeling.

Originally Posted By: mikered30

Found it a few minutes ago WITH shipping for a 12 bottle case @ 63.00 from Amazon. A hair over five bucks per 15 oz bottle is very reasonable. That is near the same price I pay for Regane at everyday price. Buying two cases today.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Originally Posted By: mikered30

Found it a few minutes ago WITH shipping for a 12 bottle case @ 63.00 from Amazon. A hair over five bucks per 15 oz bottle is very reasonable. That is near the same price I pay for Regane at everyday price. Buying two cases today.
thumbsup2.gif

Nice find, I might stock up on it soon, hoping they do not change/disguise their ingredients.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Johnny said that his contacts told him that Regane is still the same product, they just changed the MSDS to hide the ingredients better.

That's good to know, but I didn't realize that the Redline stuff is actually the same price if you buy by the case at Amazon, and they give you free shipping.

I'd gladly use the SI-1, but I don't like the idea of laying out all that money at once. It's easier for me to justify a bottle of Regane once in a while at Walmart :p

I'd gladly use the SI-1, but I don't like the idea of laying out all that money at once. It's easier for me to justify a bottle of Regane once in a while at Walmart :p

I hear you on that one, but since I joined here, it has become easier to justify keeping stashes of oil, filters, additives, etc. This place has cost me a lot of money!
48.gif

Last edited:
Johnny said that his contacts told him that Regane is still the same product, they just changed the MSDS to hide the ingredients better.

Even if they haven't changed it now, they can any time so long as the weasel words are loose enough. Just how descriptive are those CAS numbers? What are they hiding that every oil company on the planet doesn't already know? Who else gets cheated out of this information but us?

Some Pep Boys stock Redline SI-1. I'm looking to Redline since they haven't obfuscated their MSDS and all the ingredients in SI-1 have a purpose. No filler.

Originally Posted By: severach

Even if they haven't changed it now, they can any time so long as the weasel words are loose enough. Just how descriptive are those CAS numbers? What are they hiding that every oil company on the planet doesn't already know? Who else gets cheated out of this information but us?

Some Pep Boys stock Redline SI-1. I'm looking to Redline since they haven't obfuscated their MSDS and all the ingredients in SI-1 have a purpose. No filler.

I agree.

There is literally nowhere to buy SI-1 around here
frown.gif

We don't have a lot of the national chains that carry it, like Pep Boys.

If I could find a few other people here in Billings willing to split a case with me, I'd order some.

There is literally nowhere to buy SI-1 around here
frown.gif

We don't have a lot of the national chains that carry it, like Pep Boys.

If I could find a few other people here in Billings willing to split a case with me, I'd order some.

Have you checked O'Reilly in the Heights area or the big former Bumper to Bumper warehouse by Holiday on King Avenue?

One thing about Billings is that they do not have a large amount of good car parts chains for its size (100,000 pop.)

Last edited:
I've not checked the heights O'Reilly store for it, and the Bumper to Bumper on King is an O'Reilly now. I called the King Avenue store and they said they only have the diesel version, and can't order it for me. It's probably going to be the same for the heights and downtown stores
frown.gif

I've not checked the heights O'Reilly store for it, and the Bumper to Bumper on King is an O'Reilly now. I called the King Avenue store and they said they only have the diesel version, and can't order it for me. It's probably going to be the same for the heights and downtown stores
frown.gif

Billings seriously needs an Advanced Auto Parts. I have Redline S-1 here and even water wetter at mine and this is a one horse town pretty much.

How's that Shiloh avenue project going? I cannot believe how much it has grown on the West end. I always said Billings will turn into a miniature Denver at some point.

Have you thought about just getting the case of 12 bottles. It is 63 bucks including shipping at Amazon and other places. Every 3,000 miles would still use it up this century.

Last edited:
They're working on the upper part of Shiloh right below Rimrock, but I don't know what their schedule is to get working on the rest of it.

I think they're going to put a roundabout in at Central avenue, and I think possibly another intersection. They put one in on King avenue a block from Shiloh, directly in front of the new Kohls. It seems to be working alright, with no accidents so far that I know of.

The new Sportsman's Warehouse is open, and Cabelas is being built right now. GE is building a new call center or something down off of Gabel, and there are all kinds of other things popping up all around town.

Billings and Laurel are just going to grow into each other.

I'm considering ordering a case anyway, even if I don't find someone to split it with. I do know of one other BITOGer here in Billings, so I should see if he would be interested in splitting a case with me.

Respose I received from Shell....

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Gumout Regane Complete fuel system formulation has not been changed or reformulated and continues to utilize the same detergent additive.

Best Regards,
Technical Service

Chevro:

Good to hear about everything springing up there. New jobs are always good. You'll get used to the roundabouts. We've had them here for the past several years and they are good for traffic flow.

At least you have one BITOGer living in your town. I am not aware of any from my neck of the woods.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back