Donaldson P169071 Filter pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
This is the Donaldson P169071 spin-on oil filter for Ford applications, as well as many others. This filter contains the Synteq filter media, which they license to Amsoil for use in the EaO filters.

Specs:

Lube Filters Product Attributes
A - OD (Inches): 3.67
B - Thread Size (Inches): 3/4-16
C - Length (Inches): 5.32
D - Gasket OD (Inches): 2.85
E - Gasket ID (Inches): 2.47
Relief Valve Setting (PSI): 8-11
Product Type Description: LUBE SPIN-ON FULL FLOW
Primary Application: HIGH EFFICIENCY VERSION OF
Primary Application 2: P550008
Application Note: SYNTEQ Media

Packaged Dimensions
Country of Origin US
Gross Height in Inches 6.5
Gross Length in Inches 4
Gross Weight in Pounds 1.15
Pieces Per Pallet 54
Gross Width in Inches 4

Observations:

Looks like a basic 302 filter. It is quite heavy. Has a Parker anti-drainback valve, which does not appear to be silicone.

The centre tube has good perforation with the media and it's protective screen visible through it. It also has a "pattern" all over it.

The bypass valve on the bottom is unlike the Purolator PureONE, K&N and AC Delco filters I have previously disassembled. I will know more when I take one apart.

And the pictures:

Donaldson012.jpg

Donaldson013.jpg

Donaldson014.jpg

Donaldson016.jpg

Donaldson017.jpg

Donaldson018.jpg

Donaldson019.jpg

Donaldson020.jpg

He couldn't buy this from an Amsoil dealer, iirc. Although Amsoil sells Wix and Donaldson filters, Amsoil doesn't list Donaldson filter part numbers that step on EaO offerings for the same application. I'm sure it's all in the marketing agreement.

I wanna see the teardown !

I don't understand why they don't use silicon ADBV.

As I understand synth media with lots of glass is brittle, and folds are wide radius bends so most mfg put the screen mesh on the media which you noted.

Originally Posted By: glenncof
I wanna see the teardown !

I don't understand why they don't use silicon ADBV.

As I understand synth media with lots of glass is brittle, and folds are wide radius bends so most mfg put the screen mesh on the media which you noted.

Well, I assume it's nitrile because it's black.... Has anybody ever seen a black silicone one? It clearly says PARKER on the top of the valve.

I don't see why one couldn't make a silicon ADBV in black ..it's just that no one does (that I know of) in the over the counter stuff.

I guess we'll be able to tell by how pliable it is the first time I tear into one of these puppies? I am SOOOOOO tempted to put one on the car right now!

No, I've got a PureONE I paid like 18 bucks for on it that I'd like to use up first.... BUT..... SOOOOOO TEMPTING...............MUST...RESIST!!!!!

But it's ON THE CAR
grin2.gif
That my friend, is the problem! But the car is calling for a Donaldson... I can hear it!

Gary. You are EVIL
grin2.gif

Wife is at Walmart right now. Got her to grab me a litre of M1 5w40 TDT to compensate for the new filter. This will be the biggest waste of a PureONE EVER!!!!!!!!!

OK, looks like the 5w40 TDT only comes in the 5L jugs, so that's what we got. A bit overkill, but meh
wink.gif

Anyways, Gary you beautiful [censored], you made me do it!!!

synteq01.jpg

synteq02.jpg

synteq03.jpg

synteq04.jpg

synteq05.jpg

synteq06.jpg

Oil is pretty dark for only having a bit over 1,000Km on it.... Must be cleaning out that conventional junk my dad ran for so long!

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Anyways, Gary you beautiful [censored], you made me do it!!!

Yeah ..yeah.. "see what you made me do"??
crackmeup2.gif

In the interest of conservation ..stick this in a plastic bag. You'll get back to it in (like I said) 6 years
LOL.gif

synteq04.jpg

Actually, I DID stick it in a plastic bag. Thinking of putting it on my sister's Explorer. It had a Sunday oil change with the only place open being Walmart, so it has a *shudder* Fram Toughguard on it. I've been just ITCHING for an excuse to replace it.....

There you go! Now that's generosity in Canada ...given your filter situation north of the border.
frown.gif

I know, that's why I bought the CASE of the Donaldson's. They will probably last me at least 5 years, using one on each car.

Here are the insides of the P550008. I like the pleats in the filter media. I've seen lots of filters where the pleats collapse and stick together.
I just bought a couple of filter cutters from Summit. I'm going to start cutting used filters when I get back to Bolivia.

P550008-desarmado.jpg

P550008-media-filtrante-y-p.jpg

P550008-Valvula-de-alivio-d.jpg

P550008-tubo-central.jpg

P550008-base-y-valvula-de-r.jpg

The can really pops apart from the pressure on the anti-drain valve. I don't know what temperatures the valve withstands, but it starts out very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back