prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can get toluene or xylene at a good price or the lowest price? I'm interested in sizes no larger than 5 gallon pales. I know paint supplies have toluene for around $16 or so a gallon, and hardware stores have xylene for about 18 a gallon.

likely not. Economies of scale typically start at the drum scale.

Id look for a wholesale paint or chemical shop nearby that can cut you a deal... I wouldnt hold my breath.

Also kep in mind that the lower purity you go, the cheaper. However, the lower purity is often laced with sulfur, so beware...

JMH

Unfortunateley the meth labs use toluene as a solvent , so the local constabulary may get a bit curious :-(
Can't get more than 5gl at a time here in FL

Originally Posted By: umungus1122
Does anyone know where I can get toluene or xylene at a good price or the lowest price? I'm interested in sizes no larger than 5 gallon pales. I know paint supplies have toluene for around $16 or so a gallon, and hardware stores have xylene for about 18 a gallon.

My home brew emerging product marketing spider-sense is tingling here, umungus1122.
grin2.gif

What have you got in mind here??
55.gif
(although I like to hear about it, it's not in my interest bubble)

I want to get some now before prices rise again. I plan on using it in a small block chevy I'm going to build soon(Amsoil doesn't sell extra recreation time by chance?
grin2.gif
) with higher compression. Besides boosting octane I'm interested in the cleaning ability of these solvents, as they are both major components in Berryman's Chemtool. It's cheaper to by a gallon of toluene than the equivalent amount of chemtool bottles. I've had good results using toluene in my cadillac as a fuel system cleaner. Also have some friends with turbos who might like to try some out.
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back