Quality of 'sheetz' fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize how many forum members we have locally until I read through this thread.

Originally Posted By: Taylor
ewwww gas station coffee.......blah talk about watered down dirt flavored garbage.

Some of the stuff around here isn't bad. I don't care for Sheetz coffee much but I credit them for putting in dedicated coffee bars lately. Royal Farms which I mentioned earlier actually has like 8 or 9 different brews and 3 of them are actually dark roasts. One of theirs tastes a lot like Starbucks current regular coffee.

Sheetz has even been going to the "upscale" black decor in their bathrooms.
LOL.gif
Of course there is still the condom dispenser on the wall.
banana2.gif

Quote:
I didn't realize how many forum members we have locally until I read through this thread.

The name did bring a few of us out of the woodwork, didn't it?
grin2.gif

I only saw one before they expanded out to this side of Reading. That was back in 1980 or something. I think it was in Chambersburg ..somewhere out there for me. Back then, they were sorta like a really odd bird to me. They had arcade machines ..but not enough. They had a sorta counter with chairs ..but not enough. They really didn't have enough parking for anyone to really sit there anyway. I think that they were going for a truck stop type thing ..but for cars.

The coffee sucked back then too.

There's a certain traditional ..nostalgic quality to "bad coffee" on the road. They appeared to capture the essence of that concept.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
It's when you buy gas at billybob's mobil with one antique gas pump in front of it, and a dirty tank underground, that is when you have a fuel related problem.

Now now, Billy Bob don't take too kindly to 'ya fightin' words...;)

I was touring waaaay up in Maine this week and filled up at a Irving station (New Brunswick, Canada Refiner) and they had two old mechanical pumps with the price set 1/2 of selling price per gallon. Guess the pumps couldn't go over $3.

Anyhows..the bike ran great on the non-ethanol premium. A noticable improvement in mighty V4 power! Station did seem to have plenty of business though.

Drew

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
V4? You riding an Interceptor?

No, my big 'n comfy ST1300 sport-tourer. I left the FZ1 home for this trip.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back