M1 Filter Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The M1 filters I just picked up from Farm & Fleet are different than the older ones I had in my stash. The spring at the top of the filter is gone, when you look into the hole it is now a blue plastic button of some sort (on the M1-103). The M1-102's have no spring at the top at all, but there is one at the bottom now (bottom being near the threads).

Don't know what this means but I thought it was interesting.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
The M1 filters I just picked up from Farm & Fleet are different than the older ones I had in my stash. The spring at the top of the filter is gone, when you look into the hole it is now a blue plastic button of some sort (on the M1-103). The M1-102's have no spring at the top at all, but there is one at the bottom now (bottom being near the threads).

Don't know what this means but I thought it was interesting.

Yeah, I just picked up some from FF today as well and noticed exactly what you did.

Anyone know what is going on here?

Originally Posted By: HondaMan
I've noticed all the new M1 filters are in pre-shrunk wrapping now....

Really. These weren't but I could understand that. Way back when K-Mart sold M1 filters (they were white then with no flutes), I bought several that when I got home, were some other brand in the box. Considering how expensive they generally are this wasn't too much of a surprise.

Nowadays I always open up the box and make sure it is the right thing.

The "blue button" is used on Champ Labs under 3" can diameters in their non-Ecore offerings. I guess they moved it to the M1 offering too. Next time you're there, look at the bigger M1's and see if they have the blue button.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
The "blue button" is used on Champ Labs under 3" can diameters in their non-Ecore offerings. I guess they moved it to the M1 offering too. Next time you're there, look at the bigger M1's and see if they have the blue button.

I'll check out the larger filters and give ya an update.

Thx Gary!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back