On the wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided that I'm going to give up booze until at least the end of this year. I'm tired of lugging an extra 15 lbs of useless weight around. Please send me your collective good vibes to help in my effort.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
you can send your booze my way.

Good luck!

It's all gone. It suffered an accidental consumption.

Good choice.

banana2.gif
Your liver and heart will thank you.
banana2.gif

Hey Bud,

Awesome!!
thumbsup2.gif

Stay with it, I'll be praying for you and have faith in you.

tp

Booze is what keeps me properly nourished. A couple beers at night keeps me at proper weight.

I think otherwise I would die of starvation - simply not enough time to eat properly.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
Booze is what keeps me properly nourished. A couple beers at night keeps me at proper weight.

I think otherwise I would die of starvation - simply not enough time to eat properly.

Sounds like the college life.

grin2.gif

Good luck. I'm lucky in that respect. I just never could get into beer. Oh, it surely tastes good enough after a nice long day at work doing chores when the wife and I tag teamed stuff working different shifts and whatnot..and it's really good with something like a spicy pizza.. and was surely the drink of choice at the mating ritual gatherings ...

..but the fact that I consume over one gallon of soft drinks daily in addition to at least two pots of coffee ...just eliminates any alcohol from the menu. I'd be trashed soon after the coffee cup got put away. How would I stop at one or two??

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

..but the fact that I consume over one gallon of soft drinks daily in addition to at least two pots of coffee

How is it that you aren't blind and your leg hasn't fallen off yet? Are we talking regular soda or diet? Wow that's a lot of stimulants. If I drank that much coffee I would be having heart palpitations.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I'm tired of lugging an extra 15 lbs of useless weight around.

Still biking?

Last edited:
Wayne, I am so proud of you. To quit anything is so very hard but well worth the effort. My son quit smoking 2 months ago but his wife continues to smoke and so he struggles every day. You will find that you enjoy life more and after a while you will wonder why it took so long to make the decision to quit. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a glass of wine or a mixed drink once in a while. Keep up the good work and always remember your BITOG family is in your corner --- we are only a click away.

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

..but the fact that I consume over one gallon of soft drinks daily in addition to at least two pots of coffee

How is it that you aren't blind and your leg hasn't fallen off yet? Are we talking regular soda or diet? Wow that's a lot of stimulants. If I drank that much coffee I would be having heart palpitations.

Sugar free, naturally. I do have diet regulated diabetes ..but that's been my liquid habit for most of my life. The coffee was a 20-something thing ..and it stuck. Now the only side effects are if I stop drinking coffee too early, and have the last cup too late. Then I'm up all night. If I drink the two full pots non-stop (after which, I usually have my first solid food of the day) and switch to a Crystal-lite type thing ..
21.gif

I'm heavy enough without drinking massive amounts of carbs.
55.gif

Originally Posted By: NJC
Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I'm tired of lugging an extra 15 lbs of useless weight around.

Still biking?

How will he hang without that "road hugging weight"?? (for those who were alive for the Hugh Downs Pinto commercials)

I'm down from copious quantities of wine each evening to a few mid strength beers, low carb of course. Feel so much better and walking everywhere (ex runner bad knees) the weight is falling of. Drink massive quantities of water and cut red meat to a minimum. U.S junk found is out of course. It's actually pretty easy with a little bit of focus. Good luck from Downunder...s

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
wayne,

aren't you skinny? how much weight you carrying?

Skinny? Well, not really. I'm 5'8" and my normal weight is 165. My current weight, per the doctor's office scales, is 185. Getting back to 165 is my goal. From there, I might try to get down to 155, and that would be as light as I'd ever want to be. Back when I used to do TKD & kickboxing, I got down to 139, but felt VERY unhealthy.

I'm quitting on booze mostly because of cycling. I'm in fairly good shape, but the group that I ride with KILLS ME when we climb the local mountains. Dropping 20 lbs off MY FRAME would help me a lot when the road points uphill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back