Gave my keyboard a bath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Spilled some beer on it Saturday and some of the keys were sticking. Oh well, party foul.
11.gif

Took the ol' laptop apart, got the keyboard off, and gave it a good rinse in the sink. The look on my girlfriends face was pretty good when she saw what I was doing.
shocked2.gif

I explained that keyboards have spill guards so that you don't wreck your computer when you spill coffee on it (or beer). Or wash it off in the sink.

Have to say what a difference! Keys feel like they did when it was brand new! Not a bad idea to do once in awhile, seems like all sorts of random detritus ends up down there after awhile.

Gave the screen a good cleaning, and that made a huge difference too. Also gave the heatsink and fans a good blowing out with canned air while it was apart.

Car maintenance is important, but don't forget computers need to be "washed and waxed" once in awhile as well!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Was it "Red Dress Woman" that caused you to spill or spew?

Ha! Not so much. Funny you remember that. "Red shirt girl" lives in FL now. I'm pretty sure she hasn't been here since that pic was taken.

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
Yep. Spilled some beer on it Saturday and some of the keys were sticking. Oh well, party foul.
11.gif

I love urbandictionary.
Quote:
party foul 199 up, 135 down

The new catchy catch phrase that everyone is just itching to use! Someone drops their drink? Be sure to be the quickest to blurt out "OHHH, PARTY FOUL" and you win extra cool points with all the ladies, and possibly the men too! Practice being quick off the mark by dropping glasses in your own home! Try to train yourself to say it reflexively on hearing the glass shatter! Then open your wrists with a shard from that glass and try again! Repeat until dead!

Jenny drops her drink at the bar!
OHHHHH, PARTY FOULLLLLLLL!!

(not personal at all, just a funny definition I wanted to share :))

The dishwasher worked well on my regular ergonomic MS keyboard. Not so well on my 4000 (all the extended features). My kids just buy me a new BLACK keyboard for an annual gift. The white one is back up for between failures use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back