Trend Micro does it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to like Trend Micro also. In fact Trend Micro and Panda used to be my two favorite antivirus programs. But it seems to me that Trend Micro has been going downhill.

A major consumer magazine that I will not name (they don't like to see their name used) used to recommend Trend Micro as the top performing antivirus program. In their most recent evaluation of antivirus programs they rated Trend Micro number four. They do their own research and also make use of companies to help them in their research.

I once seemed to have a problem myself after I downloaded an update from Trend Micro.

And a major computer magazine evaluated antivirus programs a while back (I can't remember at this time which magazine it was) and said that they had serious problems trying to install Trend Micro Internet Security. After they finally got it installed it ran well.

In my opinion there seems to be something wrong taking place with Trend Micro. At this time I would avoid it.

I think there are better commercial antivirus programs like BitDefender, F-SEcure, NOD32, and Kaspersky.

Avast and Avira's commercial programs should be added to that list as well. They are both very good performers. I've had mixed results with Kaspersky.

I tried Nod's new Security Suite - it installed and ran flawlessly on my XP Machine, but I could never install it on my Win 2K machine. Their support was dismal also.

Yes, I should have added the quality free programs also. I personally have never tried Avira but I used AVG in the past and it ran well. But more recently I used Avast as a free antivirus program and it really seems to run well.

Anymore I would be tempted to suggest to somebody to use Avast and free and commercial antispyware programs rather than ANY of the paid programs.

There are even some free antivirus programs for Mac OS X, including ClamAV and a new one from PC Tools-iAntivirus.

I don't know about Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back