Microsoft ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the new Jerry Seinfeld TV ad with Bill Gates. I don't get it. What am I missing?

I just now saw the Microsoft ad. All I can say is they better do better than that. How much money are they paying this ad company? I don't get the ad either. So far (this is only Microsoft's first ad as far as I know) Apple is 100% better with their ads.

They keep coming out with ads like that and Microsoft will decease Vista sales.

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
????? I did not get it. Did the team that designed Vista design this commercial?

crackmeup2.gif

Microsoft spent $300 million dollars for this ad compaign? How much did Apple pay for their ad compaign? I bet Apple spent a whole lot less and got a whole lot more for their money.

The first Microsoft ad I saw did not seem to make sense and was kind of disgusting from my point of view. Can Microsoft get out of the contract for the ads?

Heck, I think I can come up with a better ad campaign. Fairly recently people who had no experience with the Vista O/S were shown some of the O/S without being told that it was Vista. Several people who had said they would never buy Vista said that they were impressed with what they saw of the O/S that they were not told was Vista. You could build an advertising campaign around something like that.

Best thing for Microsoft is to make sure that Windows 7 is the real deal.

Originally Posted By: Mystic

Heck, I think I can come up with a better ad campaign. Fairly recently people who had no experience with the Vista O/S were shown some of the O/S without being told that it was Vista. Several people who had said they would never buy Vista said that they were impressed with what they saw of the O/S that they were not told was Vista. You could build an advertising campaign around something like that.

Best thing for Microsoft is to make sure that Windows 7 is the real deal.

I do like the apple commercials better, but I will hold judgment until I see the whole ad series.

I saw one of the adds with the shoe store or something like that. I didn't get it either are there more ads? $300,000,000 is a lot of wood, I hope they can do better than that.

Frank D

On a more positive note, I recently upgraded my XP with SP3 and noticed several improvement. Most notable is the noticeable speed increase when when changing pages ont the internet. Also boots about 20 seconds faster, now takes 1min 15sec. Has anyone been brave enough to try IE8 beta. Have always liked XP. This is my 3rd computer with it. It just keeps getting better.
27.gif

Last edited:
The commercial is absolutely inept and weak. It definitely didn't motivate me to forage around looking for its broader meaning. Once again I have failed to understand the marketing message meant to make us sheople seek a new pasture to graze upon.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: 90lsteg
Just saw the new Jerry Seinfeld TV ad with Bill Gates. I don't get it. What am I missing?

I guess you don't know that 'Seinfeld' was the show "about nothing." That's the theme of the commercial. It's about nothing.

Jerry and George pitching the concept of their show 'Jerry' to the NBC producers:

Susan: What's the premise?

JERRY: ..Well, as I was saying, I would play myself, and, as a comedian, living in New York, I have a friend, a neighbor, and an ex-girlfriend, which is all true.

GEORGE: Yeah, but nothing happens on the show. You see, it's just like life. You know, you eat, you go shopping, you read.. You eat, you read, You go shopping.

RUSSELL: You read? You read on the show?

JERRY: Well, I don't know about the reading.. We didn't discuss the reading.

RUSSELL: All right, tell me, tell me about the stories. What kind of stories?

GEORGE: Oh, no. No stories.

RUSSELL: No stories? So, what is it?

GEORGE: (Showing an example) What'd you do today?

RUSSELL: I got up and came to work.

GEORGE: There's a show. That's a show.

RUSSELL: (Confused) How is that a show?

JERRY: Well, uh, maybe something happens on the way to work.

GEORGE: No, no, no. Nothing happens.

JERRY: Well, something happens.

RUSSELL: Well, why am I watching it?

GEORGE: Because it's on TV.

RUSSELL: Not yet.

Well I did watch Seinfeld (and laughed quite a bit too I must add) but must say that this commercial was definitely 60 seconds of nothing...long live TIVO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back