Here is an updated list of dedicated GL-4 MTL's, Updated 12/5/2014:A.
These MTL fluids are closest to a Kinematic Viscosity of [email protected]
(About the same viscosity as a DexronVI) and SAE 70W to 75W or so are:
1. Castrol Syntrans FE 75W,
2. BMW (Pentosin) MTF-LT-3,
3. Honda MTII or MTF 2.
4. Ford FML-XT-11-QDC
5. Volvo Manual Transmission Fluid (6.4 cSt) [Recommended for: type M65 5-speed with 6-cyl. engine, M66, MTX75 and MMT6 and of the type M56, M58 and M59 from and including model year 1996. Meets Ford specification WSSM2C200-D2
The next higher viscosity MTL would be the 7.5 [email protected]
versions (About the same viscosity as a the original DexronIII/Merc)
1. Royal Purple's Synchromax
2. Ravenol MTF-2
3. Honda MTF
4. VW part number G052512A2
5. GM Manual Transmission and Transfer Case Fluid
6. BMW (Pentosin MTF 2) MTF-LT-1, 2 C.
The next higher viscosity MTL would be Castrol Syntrans V FE 75W-80 8.0cStD.
The next higher viscosity MTL would be BG Synchroshift II 8.2 cSt E.
The next higher viscosity is Mopar Type MS-9417 MTL 9.0cStF.
Valvoline MTF Part Number 811095 9.2 cStG.
The next higher viscosity MTL would be Pennzoil Synchromesh 9.3 cStH.
The next group of MTL’s are in the 10.x cSt (SAE 75W80) range:
1. Redline MTL 75W80
2. Amsoil MTL
3. GM Synchromesh’s
4. Volvo MTF 645
5. Fuchs TITAN SINTOFLUID SAE 75W-80 synthetic MTF (Carries a GL-5 rating as well)
6. Lodexol (Morris Lubricants) MTFI.
The next higher viscosity MTL would be an SAE 75W85:
1. Redline MT-85 – 12.0 cStJ.
The next higher viscosity MTLs in the 14-15 cSt ( SAE 75W90) range would be:
1. Amsoil MTG
2. Redline MT-90
3. Castrol Syntrans Multivehicle 75W-90
4. Castrol Syntrans Transaxle 75w-90
5. Ford XT-75W90-QGT (Carries a GL-5 rating as well)
6. Ford MOTORCRAFT® Full Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid XT-M5-QS