Anyone try the new Google Chrome Browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried the new Google Chrome Beta web browser yet? I just loaded it up and am typing this post from within it. It seems pretty fast loading pages, but I haven't used it enough yet to give an opinion yet.

Read about it today... was going to install it and see how it runs. Sure wish I'd have bought some stock in Google long ago. Google is my fav search engine.

Trying it right now. You beat me to it because I was going to start a thread on Chrome.

Too early to say if I like it better or not.

Initially unimpressed by the look. Minimal but not in a sophisticated way. Just a Smurf-blue top banner with few icons/buttons.

Does feel nice and fast though.

Now that I have three browsers on my Windows boot, I'll live with it a week and see if it is a keeper.

Might try the Linux version when that comes out for my Ubuntu boot.

Last edited:
How much information does it suck out of the user's computer, besides tracking internet habits? Can it activate video and audio?
45.gif

Chrome feels faster on general site surfing.

Much slower than MS IE on media content.

Dead dog slow in YouTube. IE is instant.

Hits the hard drive a lot compared to IE.

I'm thinking not a keeper at this point.

Last edited:
I installed and took a quick look. I don't know if it is worth the learning curve on the interface for me. I'm using Firefox since it's less often hacked than Explorer and do have occasional (severe) problems with Adobe plug-ins.

Chrome is beta so I'll let them get out of beta and take another look.

Originally Posted By: glenncof

Google spends years in beta on their products. Could be 2012 before we see an actual non-beta version of Chrome!

you could move to IE 8; glowing reviews on that product....

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisedesktop/archives/2008/09/ie_8_consumes_m.html

Quote:

it's also more resource-intensive. Here are the stats in all their gruesome glory:

* 350-400MB memory footprint

* 150-200 concurrent execution threads

* 6 discrete iexplore.exe process instances

* Over 2x more demanding than Firefox

But it is beta; I'm sure they'll trim it down...
LOL.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Originally Posted By: glenncof

Google spends years in beta on their products. Could be 2012 before we see an actual non-beta version of Chrome!

That is what I was thinking. Do they ever release anything. Gmail is still beta I think?

Tried Chrome tonight and I went right back to FireFox. Very slow on Youtube as someone pointed out as well as numerous other sites. IE7 was faster in my testing. Will try it again in a few months, but it needs some work. Firefox and IE7 were faster loading http://www.google.com! Hilarious.

"Chroming" downunder is a vernacular for paint sniffing, particularly "chrome" paint...funny silver moustache, and brain rot

Tried the other form of Chroming this afternoon, and am finding it a rush.

IMO, it's probably something to do with the Google caching of every page looked up that was so controversial a couple of years ago.

24 hours later, and I think I'm hooked.

addy bar at the top is either an address or the search request, can open a separate tab just to open it.

Well I tried Chrome & it sure lacks a lot! cannot add buttons like "stop" etc.,slow and not customizable.Why release something when it lacks a lot?

This is one of the best comments on Goggle's Chrome web browser; moribundman has brought up a very good point here. Talk about the government spying on people-I have heard some very disturbing stuff about Google obtaining way too much personal information on people.

If it is true that Chrome would help Google in finding out so much personal information on users they can keep it as far as I am concerned. I would rather stick to IE7 (and the upcoming IE8) on Windows and Safari on the Mac.

I think the privacy horse left the barn a long time ago. Considering that it is known that AT&T's hub is connected directly to the government, you can bet that they already know everyone that is in your Yahoo address book, and your circle of associates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back