Spider bite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BITOG medic needed...

Came back home from a trip to Wisconsin with this on the side of my leg... it's about an inch in length and is itchy... what might have caused this?

BTW, while we're on the subject... the underside of my right foot (same leg) is swollen and hurts pretty badly - I can't step on it. All red with a little white head/tip in the center... I thought it was just a blister, but it appeared suddenly, and without me doing any particularly strenous activity... I mean I just drove the car for 6 hours, but that's about it. Any ideas?

Gross foot warning. Click at your own risk.

Looks like the spider bites that I've had (and the kids).

Starting right now, take a permanent marker, and draw an outline of the periphery of the redness, you will need to know whether it's getting bigger or smaller.

I use tea tree oil, and manuka honey as treatemnt.

If the red starts growing, get medical attention ASAP.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Looks like the spider bites that I've had (and the kids).

The bottom one (under my foot) as well?

Watch this VERY CAREFULLY. Almost lost my wife from a spider bite. Check in the morning and if any worse AT ALL GET TO A DOCTOR AT ONCE. Do mess around with this.

If you have access to some activated charcoal, you can make a poultice using water and ground flaxseed or oatmeal for the binder.

Place the poultice on the bite, and change it out few times (or more) every 1/2hr. or so.

Thanks guys. I think I'll try to see a dermatologist tomorrow morning. My foot is hurting pretty badly, and it interferes with my walking.

Isn't that an abscess on the foot? Perhaps splinter or some other foreign body? See if you can squeeze (very gently!) and see pus coming? Or better, let your doctor deal with that. Good luck!

Right on! Splinter it turned out to be. Got it taken care of at the ER.

They said to monitor the spider bite, but they think it shouldn't cause any problems.

Thanks all!

Is it numb or burning along with the itch? How's it look this AM?

I got this red rash from the bike rally this weekend.....pictures from down south to follow......
crazy2.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo

I got this red rash from the bike rally this weekend.....pictures from down south to follow......
crazy2.gif
grin2.gif

De we really need to see your rash???
shocked2.gif
37.gif

Is it numb or burning along with the itch? How's it look this AM?

crazy2.gif
grin2.gif

Just don't wear those knee high socks!

Mope - you don't have to click on threads titled "Spider bite?" unless you want to.
crazy2.gif

Drew - I'm thinking of getting some over the knee socks to cut down on the spider bites!
LOL.gif

Mope - you don't have to click on threads titled "Spider bite?" unless you want to.
crazy2.gif

Drew - I'm thinking of getting some over the knee socks to cut down on the spider bites!
LOL.gif

Any further and you'd be wearing leotards...
43.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back