Joe z intake question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good for sure. If it's larger and straighter than the stock pipe, I'm sure it flows more air.

My only question is will the is300's computer respond to the added air, or will it make adjustments to run exactly the same as before.

PS-Love the is300!

JoeZ claims 7 rwhp, reality is probably something less. Your engine control system should have no problem adjusting to that small percentage change in system airflow.

If you get anything close to 7 hp, it's good deal.

Haven't any of the IS people run their own dyno tests on it?

Edit: That's lot of power increase for an intake pipe that still uses the stock air box. I suspect reality is a lot less.

Last edited:
If you want to be honest with yourself, can you find something similar? Take a look at generic warm air intake pipes on Ebay and see if they can be modified to fit yours.

I'd like to see the stock one to compare. If it is convoluted or with a resonator on it, this piece of pipe may very well help a lot.
But a piece of exhaust pipe may do the same.

That second intake is a wee bit over-priced for what you get.

The first one is sort of bunk as well. I mean, you don't need a fancy piece of aluminum with a logo on it to achieve better flow.

Save your money on something proven to work, like a drop-in filter. Or an intake from a reputable company, like AEM or Injen. Those guys actually model flow a wee bit and test-fit to make sure their intakes are of some benefit.

Originally Posted By: Rtstrider
I thought going with generic ebay intakes was a no no.

What problems will a piece of metal with a hole in it give you? You want to spend $90 on a piece of metal, or you can find a generic that will fit, spend $40, if you want to upgrade to a cone or for the drop-in, and you still have money in the bank. It's not an alternator. As long as there is a port for whatever goes there, and it fits, I don't even see a bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back