7.jpg

Another sunset picture
8.jpg

Yellowstone NP
9.jpg

Originally Posted By: moribundman
You suck and I hate you!
LOL.gif

PS: What's with the mutton wool seat covers?

Those are actually pretty comfortable, and I don't sweat as much sitting on them. It still beats sitting in the back and having a screaming baby next to me
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: tom slick
NICE!!

can you post a closeup shot of the engine display? Is it called a HDD (heads down display) in the civilian world?

We don't have the HUD, but the PFD (primary flight dislpay) shows most of the info like airspeed (on the left side) altitude (right side) mach number (top left) etc.
DSC_0419-1.jpg

On the top left screen show our engine indication. On the top is the N1 fan speed, below that is the ITT (Inter-Turbine Temperature) Then the N2 fan speed, fuel flow, engine oil temp and oil pressure. We will only see the red or yellow message if there's something wrong with the system. (This pictures is when the airplane is sitting on the ground since the N1 and N2 is showing 0 and there's no oil pressure and fuel flow

of1fmcgear.jpg

VERY similar to the new C-130J.
I wonder where the ITT is measured? between the N1 and N2 turbine?

What's your max fuel flow? or do you even pay attention if nothing is wrong?

You're right on the ITT, fuel flow depends on the altitude. The higher, the less fuel burn, since our true airspeed is faster. At 32,000 feet at Mach .74 is about 2,600 lbs and hr. or $34 PER MINUTE.

Very cool job. If the airline industry wasn't going to pieces then being a pilot would be my dream job. Actually, it is my dream job, but with all the layoffs and bankruptcies going on lately it's a scary career field.

Originally Posted By: Silver02ex
You're right on the ITT, fuel flow depends on the altitude. The higher, the less fuel burn, since our true airspeed is faster. At 32,000 feet at Mach .74 is about 2,600 lbs and hr. or $34 PER MINUTE.

Still, pretty cheap for what you're doing zooming around up there...

Originally Posted By: crinkles
The higher, the less fuel burn, since our true airspeed is faster

Sure, but the flying distance between two points on the ground increases with higher altitude!
48.gif

Originally Posted By: crinkles
you're a very lucky man, you could be flying a desk like the rest of us....

I drive my desk/office all day long!
LOL.gif

Silver02ex:
Very nice pic's thanks for posting!
thumbsup2.gif

Very nice post. My dad used to fly a much smaller plane, a Cessna 172 Skyhawk fully loaded with the latest and greatest at the time...remember Lorans?
LOL.gif
Anyhow, I solo'd in that plane at age 14 and loved flying so much that I had planned to attend Embry Riddle in Florida to train and become an airline pilot. I ended up going to school for business and landing a great job (yeah, at the time!) with GM. If I had to do it all over again.....
whistle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back