Getting a little worried about oil prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you folks, but I haven't seen an (at-least) half-off sale of oil since April (when I last purchased a dozen quarts).

What's up with Canadian Tire / Napa / Parts Source... Heck, even Wal-Mart used to have some half-decent "special purchase" pricing on whatever oil was overstocked. Now I'm looking at the flyer this week for Canadian Tire, and the best I see is 30% off synthetic... It's been a while since I've seen Motomaster Formula One dino at 50% off... And I can't even remember the last time I saw Motomaster Full Synthetic at half, barring even less.

LOL

I've got a jug of Castrol HM 5w-30, half a dozen AMSoil 5w-30, two dozen Motomaster Formula One dino 5w-30, and some Shell Dex-III ATF.

Supplies low, ya' know?
frown.gif

I've got a case of HDD that's waiting to be used ..and about 40 gallons of various accumulated other oils.

I think there will be sales again ..but it depends on how much contracted product is backing up in the supply stream. I'm sure when there's a rebate, it's due to the higher cost of shutting down and not taking delivery on contracted product. I think you've got so much lubricant potential from a barrel of crude. If your throughput is max'd ..but your demand for lubricants takes a dip, you're probably going to have a glut of sequestered/contracted material with no one to sell it to.

For all we know the pressure is from the supply side with a normal demand. That is, we're providing a vastly distributed cache of penned up product. There may be shrines everywhere.

you'll see oil sales in the winter time. look around for Thanksgiving (xmas door buster) People who do change their oil, don't during the winter, due to the weather. They either go to jiffy boob or twice a year oil change in April/October for example. They'll have an overstock sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back