Help from the gurus, Petro Canada supreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I was told by the local Honda dealer, that they used Relabeled Petro Canada oil. I'm currently using sythetic, but I still feel like it isnt nessecary. I still dont feel comfortable going over 5K miles on an oil change, and I drive a good bit of highway everyday. I drive the car hard once and a while, but my only other concern is cold temp startup, and the Petro Canada stuff (which is a killer price) will pump down to -36 C. LOL, it gets cold up here, but not usually THAT cold.

Can you guys help me read this PDS on the 5w20? Thanks,

Ryan

http://lubricants.petro-canada.ca/resource/download.aspx?type=TechData&iproduct=1027&language=en

If you're looking for cold starting ability, PC oil simply can't be beat. Their 5W-30 dinos (Max and Supreme) both has cranking number of 4530 and 4600 cst at -30C, and I don't think there is a straight 'dino' oil out there that will beat them.

I've only lookied at the numbers on their 5W-30 oils, but I'm SURE the story is the same for their 5W-20's.....

Thanks bud. Thats sort of what I gathered. I'm sure its pretty good all around, and that was my main concern with using syn. I may pick some up for this O/C.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back