'07.5 Chevy DMax Rotella 10W-30 CJ-4 5,105 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly highway miles, with moderate towing mixed in.

3cef6d7b.jpg

Starting to show that it doesn't seem to matter in most vehicles whether you use 10W30 or 15W40. Nice to know.

Solid report.

Yet another confirmation of ability to protect, for both the CJ-4 and lighter grade!

Arka - any chance you'll post this over at DP? Some people could use enlightenment there as well!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Arka - any chance you'll post this over at DP? Some people could use enlightenment there as well!

Done. I wonder how many times I'll hear "I thought you couldn't run a 10W-30 in a diesel"
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: Arkapigdiesel
dnewton3 said:
Arka - any chance you'll post this over at DP? Some people could use enlightenment there as well! [/quote ]
Done. I wonder how many times I'll hear "I thought you couldn't run a 10W-30 in a diesel"
spankme2.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......man, you guys are on a roll this week!!
LOL.gif
LOL.gif
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: cowhorse01
Ark, do you have a DPF? If so, are you going to keep it and have you had any problems with it?

Errrrrr.......I might want to put on my tin foil hat before I answer that question.

I haven't had any probs with my DPF or regen, because my entire stock exhaust is bolted up and is under the deck at my house.

Originally Posted By: Arkapigdiesel
Originally Posted By: cowhorse01
Ark, do you have a DPF? If so, are you going to keep it and have you had any problems with it?

Errrrrr.......I might want to put on my tin foil hat before I answer that question.

I haven't had any probs with my DPF or regen, because my entire stock exhaust is bolted up and is under the deck at my house.

Yeah, donning the tin foil hat might not be a bad idea!!! He** yeah!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good stuff! Great TBN after 5K+. Looks like the mighty Duramax likes it too. My old Ford 6.9L and a couple of farm tractors can't seem to shear it down much either.

Last edited:
Good vis for a 30, motor is so new so those numbers are good, I would think. But I do not have much experience with these motors. I am sure there must be dozens of UOA's to compare to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back