Finally have an Amsoil product in the crankcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
0w-30 Signature Series. FINALLY put it in the '01 Saturn. I expect this oil to remove all the sludge built-up from the previous 3 runs with Pennzoil, improve my MPG by 20%, keep my four balls from wearing out as fast AND go 70,000 miles until the next oil change! (Some say you can go twice as long synthetic oils compared to conventional, since Amsoil recommends 35K as standard service, I figure 70K shouldn't be a problem!)

Seriously though, is anyone seeing any MPG improvement with Amsoil 0w-20 or 0w-30 oils?

Last edited:
LOL.gif

I did not, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.
wink.gif

Hopefully you will keep it in the engine longer than harryj. Take advantage of that 13.2 Tbn.

All jokes aside at least you know that you have the very best oil money can buy in your engine! I would let her ride to 10K and send in a sample and see how its doing and go from there if it were me.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
0w-30 Signature Series. FINALLY put it in the '01 Saturn. I expect this oil to remove all the sludge built-up from the previous 3 runs with Pennzoil, improve my MPG by 20%, keep my four balls from wearing out as fast AND go 70,000 miles until the next oil change! (Some say you can go twice as long synthetic oils compared to conventional, since Amsoil recommends 35K as standard service, I figure 70K shouldn't be a problem!)

Seriously though, is anyone seeing any MPG improvement with Amsoil 0w-20 or 0w-30 oils?

Compared to my previous 0W-20 the song remains the same for mileage but consumption may be slightly reduced (still about a quart per 3k).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back