Where to get Mobil 1 ESP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Has anyone found a local retailer for ESP (especially in Texas)?

Normally, I'd stock up from AV Lube, but at $9/quart, I don't want to be doing too much stocking! Gotta watch the working capital!! :)

Get in touch with your senses and it will come to you.

j/k, had to.

I am striking out here in Houston...although one Wal-Mart said they would look into stocking it....

Yet to find a parts store with it.

Tim

Latest Mobil 1 diesel/gas low ash 5W-30 formula designed for the latest European specs (VW, BMW, MB, etc.) - hard to find here in the US.

Mobil has a terrible distribution network for their motor oils. If you are not interested in buying a pallet of oil, the "distributors" are not interested in talking to you. And more than likely, if you manage to find one who will talk to you at all... as soon as you mention "Delvac", he will immediately assume you mean conventionl 15w40. He might not even be aware of a 5w30 version. And if you ask where to get it or even where to get Delvac 1 5w40, he won't help you at all.

Originally Posted By: Nederlander75
Is it at all possible that the M1 Truck and SUV 5w30 is ESP?

The specs are quite different - I don't think so. AVlube.com is one source of Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 you can count on if you want it.

Originally Posted By: Nederlander75
Is it at all possible that the M1 Truck and SUV 5w30 is ESP?

M1 Truck & SUV 5w30 is for gasoline engines only. The label on the front says that, so do not pour it into your diesel engine's crankcase.

Mobil 1 ESP 5W-40 is available at Mercedes Benz dealers. It is approved oil for MY07+ MB diesel engines. Call your local MB dealers to check for availability.

I will probably just order a case from AV Lube. No telling when it will be available locally.

Tim

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tim
Has anyone found a local retailer for ESP (especially in Texas)?

Normally, I'd stock up from AV Lube, but at $9/quart, I don't want to be doing too much stocking! Gotta watch the working capital!! :)

Why not get the OEM Castrol Longlife III oil? It is a 5w30 504/507 oil. Many dealerships are stocking them for less money

in socal,i found it my local chy/dod dealer.call first.
they should have 5w30esp @ $10+
your local mercedz has 5w40esp @ $7 +
on the bottle of 5w30esp,it is "clear" that it should not be used for new BWM'S outside of europe for LL04.

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
UG-Passat - I think was a Thread about Mobil 1 ESP - not where to purchase Castrol! They are totally different products!!!

There is a special section on Castrol products

Actually, you're wrong. THe Mobil 1 ESP that the OP is looking for meets VW507 oil standard which is needed for the OP's TDI.

I gave him alternatives to consider also, since many dealership do stock 504/507 oil, and in many cases, pretty darn cheap.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
Hi,
UG-Passat - I think was a Thread about Mobil 1 ESP - not where to purchase Castrol! They are totally different products!!!

Actually, you're wrong. THe Mobil 1 ESP that the OP is looking for meets VW507 oil standard which is needed for the OP's TDI.

I gave him alternatives to consider also, since many dealership do stock 504/507 oil, and in many cases, pretty darn cheap.

Actually, Doug was quite correct.

I am aware of the Castrol product...I am specifically looking for the Mobil 1 ESP.

Thanks anyway!

Tim

Originally Posted By: Tim
Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
Hi,

Actually, Doug was quite correct.

I am aware of the Castrol product...I am specifically looking for the Mobil 1 ESP.

Thanks anyway!

Tim

Why are you looking to get Mobil 1 ESP? Is it because it meets VW 507 standard, which is the appropiate oil standard for your Common Rail with DPF?

That is why I said Mobil 1 ESP isn't a totally different product from (Castrol) OEM Longlife III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back