CC cleaner ineffective without burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have spare plugs that I only run for 10k and supposed to last 100k, I am experimenting with some carbon cleaner to clean it and to gauge how effective it is.

So I clean all the plugs using carb cleaner to blow all varnish and deposits, and put all the plugs on glass bottle and I filled with MMO until half lenght of the plug. I leave it for a few days, and I see some carbons deposits loosened and end up on the base of the bottle. I take out the plug and use my hand try to remove the black carbon sitting on the first few thread of the plug, and not really successful. There are some carbons softens but the remaining is just hard and can't be removed.

So I throw away the MMO, put back the plugs to the bottle and fill it with Seafoam. I leave it for a few days, and I see no more deposit end up on the bottle. I try my luck to remove the carbon from the plug thread, and not successful again.

I am just wondering if the MMO and Seafoam need to be ignited so it can burn the deposit, till it flake off to be effective ?
The CRC Guaranteed To Pass brochure mentioned that nowadays the deposit happened in modern engine is the hard to removed one so it needs PEA to remove it.

My hypothesis is this kind of deposit is not meant to be dissolved by solvent but need to be burned to flake off.
Any comment ?

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog

My hypothesis is this kind of deposit is not meant to be dissolved by solvent but need to be burned to flake off.
Any comment ?

I don't think Carbon is suluable. it needs to bond to other molecules to change form...CO2 or CO????

dont know just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back