Price of gas !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: evoboy
Agreed. Its like the Swedish Moose test , different things are relevant in different coutries. Euro NCAP is VERY stringent and there are some surprises in the some of the cars that don't fare very well.
Could it be that the US government is concerned at the effect that allowing free importation of good quality ,smaller , fuel efficient cars might have on the US car industry ?

If you dig below the surface, I think you will find that most national and pseudo national standards from any country are slanted to make it more difficult for outsiders to compete.
11.gif
(Those are UK pints, not small US pints)

But then, the US pint is just another English pint, it's based on the Queen Anne's Wine Gallon of 1707

LOL !! Don't you just love the UK imperial measures system !!
There is supposed to be harmony with Europe in the UK for weights and measures , but there are so many anomalies I don't know why we bother ! For example , we don't order beer at the bar by the Litre , it's still by the pint , but bottles , cans etc in the supermarket are in Litres !! Steaks in restaurants are still in ounces not in kilo's !! Metric all the way for me !!

Well , pseudo national standards or not , it hasn't helped UK industry. Even the last bastion of formal standards , British Standards Institution is now Euro Norm !!

I just got BP with the new invigorate additive for 3.72 a gallon. 87 of course.

I wish we would just go to a monograde of fuel in the US with >89 being a boutique item. It would bring costs down and ge a good grade to market. I'm sure there are better uses for the three pumps as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back