laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your help. Those Dell build as you buy screens can be quite delicious as you nickle and dime yourself to the best stuff. Put it this, the wifes first run, about 800 dollars. The last run, 1500 dollars. Has convinced herself that she needs the hoochie model.

Got it ordered, but they say it's in "production." Won't get it until around 8/20. Did manage to scale her down some, but not much, 1300-ish. But it's got the good stuff, duo processor 2.5M, 4G ram, 120g hard drive and all the other stuff. You know what really chapped my arshe? We HAD TO PAY another 100 bucks just to get Windows XP on it.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Got it ordered, but they say it's in "production." Won't get it until around 8/20. Did manage to scale her down some, but not much, 1300-ish. But it's got the good stuff, duo processor 2.5M, 4G ram, 120g hard drive and all the other stuff. You know what really chapped my arshe? We HAD TO PAY another 100 bucks just to get Windows XP on it.

So wait you purchased four gigabytes of system memory, then purchased a 32 bit operating system?

Wah? Why?

Get it now instead of having to add it later, as I've had to do with all my computers it seems. I just assume pay for it now as opposed to later. Am I missing something here?

Not really. 32 bit Windows is unable to use memory above 3.4 GB or so with a dedicated 256MB video card. If you bought a computer with the built-in Intel video (X3100), you'll see something like 3.65GB in the task manager.

Originally Posted By: Lyondellic
Check out the site in the link below. This site does not sell anything and simply posts links to some of the best computer hardware deals that I have found on a daily basis. About 99% of the time Dell notebook computer deals are listed, which you order directly from Dell using the provided code or rebate. All in all, it is an excellent site.

http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/deals/

Thanks!
11.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back