Exxon Gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do all you think about the quality of this gas? Just my experience it give me worse mileage than BP fuels which is Amoco Gas I guess. And why do we see tankers filling at gas stations that have different oil company names? The only true tankers I see around any more are Sheetz fuel trucks and that seems to be a decent gasoline.

Around here Exxon is the most expensive brand so I tend not to run it but when I have tried it in my truck, it definitely pinged worse than other brands.

The Canadian version (Esso), gives me the best gas mileage, with Petro Canada coming in a close second. Shell and Sunoco put me down 50Km per 40 bucks over the Esso fuel.

Originally Posted By: RedOak
....And why do we see tankers filling at gas stations that have different oil company names? The only true tankers I see around any more are Sheetz fuel trucks and that seems to be a decent gasoline.

Most oil companies contract out their delivery to trucking contractors, When I used to order fuel for several Exxon stations on Long Island in the 80's, Exxon was down to 2 marked tankers, mainly to let the drivers "retire out". Most of the fuel was delivered by Island Transport, which is a big tanker truck jobber on LI. The trailers had little flip signs on them saying "Delivering Exxon Products", "Delivering Sunoco Products" etc. The invoices all were the same from Exxon.

I would imagine that Sheetz is paying their trucking contractor for a fleet of dedicated logo trailers for advertising reasons. Around here, due to the traffic, most of the deliveries are in the wee hours of the morning, so paying extra for marked tankers doesn't make sense.

Drew

Exxon is getting out of the retail gasoline business.

By the way, Amoco is BP...BP owns Amoco, ARCO, maybe other brand names.

my car ran SMOOTH with this gas, and some time if im using other gas it give me check engine light, and if im using this gas, the check engine light off. this is best gas I ever use, if it closer to my house, I do fill up every time.

My truck pings on exxon unless I use their plus grade, everywhere else i can use 87 octane and be fine......mileage is down too for this gas on my colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back