rear mount kickstands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a rear mount kickstand that will fit my bike with disc brakes. I don't like the kind you mount in the center right behind the bottom bracket because it gets in the way of the crank.

Greenfield makes a rear mount one but it doesn't clear the disc rotor. There is another brand called Tranz-X which makes a few different kinds, not sure if those are any good.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I bought a Tranz-X kickstand from REI. You can see the mounting bracket on the left chainstay. Sorry, I don't find a picture that shows the kickstand well. Although the stand was adjustable in length to begin with, I had to extend it a bit. I epoxied an aluminum tube over the provided tube and also epoxied the sawed off "foot" into the end of the tube. Works fine (not on soft ground), but I don't know if your crank or pedal would clear the mounting bracket or the disc brake.

shaftdrive0848.jpg

duel_markers.jpg

hardingpark1117.jpg

I don't want my water bottle to touch grass that's been soaked in urine and that's full of [censored]. I like to be able to take my camera out the bag under my saddle without having to kneel down. I don't want the bar ends to get all dingy and ugly. I don't just drop my bike like a 12 year old. I'll lean my bike on your car while shopping, though!
48.gif

Different strokes....
I don't have a saddlebag, if it won't fit in my cargo shorts' pockets, it ain't going with me.
I usually lean my bike on a tree if I stop, but usually I don't stop until I'm ready to go home.

I was eyeballing this one:

Adjustable low cost unit

My bike came no kickstand, and with a motor it becomes essential to have a kickstand. I bought a hoop style, and it's an excellent kickstand for holding the bike, the mounting surfaces allowed too many slip planes on the rear axle (quick release), so with high torque the wheel would go left, hard.

That looks almost identical to the $20 Tranz-X.

Make sure your heel clears the mounting bracket when pedaling (if that ever happens).

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I can't fit my six-shooters in my pants pockets.
wink.gif

Well then, the question becomes " Can you get 'em out and aimed before someone sees that some harm comes to you?"

Originally Posted By: MarkC
wink.gif

Well then, the question becomes " Can you get 'em out and aimed before someone sees that some harm comes to you?"

I should mount them on the handlebar!

I installed a Coda (Cannondale's in house brand) on my wife's Cannondale. She vas Vee brakes, but this thing looks like it would clear discs.

wink.gif

Or tuck them into your kneesocks!
LOL.gif

wink.gif

Or tuck them into your kneesocks!
LOL.gif

I don't remember ever wearing kneesocks. I don't even own any.

The only concern is length. Also, you should wrap a piece of inner tube or something similar around the chainstay, or the mounting bracket will damage the paint.

I am using that model, but I had to modify it.

PS: But can you see Crown Vic man?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back