Any pictures of combustion chambers & valves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an old post where someone had soaked a couple of spark plugs in LCD's oil and fuel additives. The before and after pictures were fairly impressive. Does anyone have any pictures, or know of a site that posts pictures, of spark plugs, combustion chambers or valves from engines that have used various fuel additive products?

It seems the advice given whenever someone wants to verify the cleaning ability of a given fuel additive is to pull a spark plug and perform visual inspection. For those of us who don't wish to remove a spark plug from a 1-2 year old car, is there a site where someone has already posted pictures like these? Thanks in advance for your replies!

not sure where you saw the pics of the carbon removal but I can attest to LC 20 cleaning the heck out of my spark plus on my 200 Yamaha outboard motor. I would just leave them sit to see what kind of cleaning action it had and it surprised me how quick it worked. figured that was enough proof for me to keep using it in my trucks. curious to see these pics also.

I pulled the plugs and looked down the plug holes of my 1998 BMW, running FP3000 in the fuel and ARX main dose in GC in the crankcase. I used to run per-OCI cleaners like SI-1 but stopped a couple of years ago when I started running FP60 (now FP3000) in every tank.

I'd need a bore scope to tell for sure, but I believe I may now be seeing clean piston tops instead of flaky carbon. Through the plug hole I cannot see any casting features, nor is it clean like freshly machined/cast aluminum (after 150,000km of combustion, duh) but I think it may be the piston metal itself.

The plugs had a very light coating of powdery carbon on the electrode ground ring and were light tan otherwise. They are factory-spec NGK BKR6EQUP plugs.

It's not as good as pictures, but it's on-topic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back