2007 F150 2wd fittings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2007 F150 2X4 and I would like to lubricate the fittings. I am not sure how many fittings in my truck I will have to lubricate. The other question what grease should I use? A picture or a description of the location of the fitting will be appreciated. Thanks

Well, if it has fittings there should be at least 6 up front. Upper and lower ball joints and the steering linkage, and possibly fittings on the u-joints. As for as grease, there are many quality greases. To name just a few:
Mobil 1 grease, Mobil SHC 220 grease, Amsoil greases, Pennzoil TTM302, Chevron, Schaeffer's, and many others. Try to look for a grease that has GC/LB listed on the tube somewhere. That means it is a good multipurpose grease for wheel bearings and chassis.

All the typical lubrication points are "lifetime fills" on my 07 4x4. It looks like you might be able to take the plugs out and scrape and fill if you feel the need, but I have no idea what the good folks at Ford used as a fill for life grease so incompatible chemistries can't be ruled out.

Ford specifies that all greases must contain a certain amount of MoS2.

I just buy Valvoline Durablend, because it meets Ford specs, and it meets the specs of the other auto manufacturers.

Not sure what year they were discontinued, but these trucks still had (1) fitting on the idler arm just a short time ago. Should have one on pitman as often as they fail!

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back