Mobil 1 Oil Filters to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Anybody in Michigan (or other northern states) and willing to ship me a few M1 oil filters for a Ford 302? Filter is the FL-1A equivalent.

We cannot get them up here and since they seem to work extremely well, I would like to try some. Currently I'm spending a fortune on the PureONE filters which may not be as good?

Last edited by a moderator:
The K&N Oil Filters sold in Canada are the same filter, fundamentally, they just have a heavier case and the wrench lug unlike the Mobil 1 filters.

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
The K&N Oil Filters sold in Canada are the same filter, fundamentally, they just have a heavier case and the wrench lug unlike the Mobil 1 filters.

I thought the Mobil 1 filters had different filter media? I'd been using the K&N ones on the Mustang for YEARS. And dad is running them on both his '03 Townie and the Expedition.

Overk1ll.... Are you picking up your PureOne's in Canada?? If so, where do you get them from?

For the life of me, I cant find a supplier in Canada

thanks

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Anybody in Michigan (or other northern states) and willing to ship me a few M1 oil filters for a Ford 302? Filter is the FL-1A equivalent.

We cannot get them up here and since they seem to work extremely well, I would like to try some. Currently I'm spending a fortune on the PureONE filters which may not be as good?

Originally Posted By: CB900F2
Overk1ll.... Are you picking up your PureOne's in Canada?? If so, where do you get them from?

For the life of me, I cant find a supplier in Canada

thanks

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Benson Autoparts carries them.

Aren't the Amsoil Eao filters the "cats meow" in oil filters right know?Those are readily available in Canada and probably just as pricey as the Mobil 1 after shipping and all.I use to go over to Murray's in Detroit all the time for Mobil oil filters then just stuck with the Napa Golds.

I would tend to think that EaO filters would be comparable to the costs involved with getting an M1 and maybe other filters given the oddity of issues with oil filters in Canada. I guess you have to pay for your XD-3 0w oils somehow.

Originally Posted By: Greaser
Aren't the Amsoil Eao filters the "cats meow" in oil filters right know?Those are readily available in Canada and probably just as pricey as the Mobil 1 after shipping and all.I use to go over to Murray's in Detroit all the time for Mobil oil filters then just stuck with the Napa Golds.

There was a recent UOA that contrasted the particle counts between the two filters (Amsoil EaO and the M1) and the M1 seems to have done substantially better?

So, I'd like to try them
banana2.gif

I've also considered trying a Cummins filter.....!

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
Go for the FleetGuard Stratopore.

Well, as you know, I do already have the part number and I know it's available locally. I'm just curious to try the M1 filters I guess
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back