Supertech ST6607 -- 1999 Kia Sephia - 5k Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have a Bosch 3300 in my stash for the next oil change since I got it on sale at Murray's. I personally think the reason they chose the 6607 is not only because it fits and apparently works, but because there is seriously no room to work with. The area they give you to put the filter up onto the block you can barely fit your hand through let alone the filter, sometimes the filter gets scraped up just getting it past these little metal clamps that are in your way. Why can't every car be like my sister's Daewoo where it's just right out in the open, hanging vertically and sits as low as the oil pan? Changing the oil on her car is a breeze!

I fail to see how pleat allignment means anything? I have seen Puralators,Wix,Baldwin and Hastings that look the same when you open them. As long as the pleats are not torn and do not have any leak path where some knucklehead forgot to glue them it is all good!

Do you have the same issues with the OE filter? The Hyundai/Kia OE filters are very well made, usually around $5, maybe try one of them.

The Hyundai OE filter works great on Hondas too!

I have always used either the OE, Purolator 14459, Wix 51334, or Supertech ST3593a on all of my Honda, Hyundai, and Kia oil changes. Never had any problems.

Last edited:
The Honda filter would work on a Kia Sephia? I have tons of those in my basement... As for the Kia oil filter price, I thought they were more than $5? I wouldn't mind paying extra for one but it's not my car, so it just gets whatever's cheapest since I'm not getting paid very much for it. I honestly don't think there would be enough room to stuff a Honda sized oil filter up there, it has so little room to work with. I don't know if anyone else has ever serviced this generation of Sephia, but I can't find any other place to put the oil filter up through, besides a spot right next to the catalytic converter, and it's a tight squeeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back