Kohler Courage 25 Pro on Gravely ZT2552 HP Mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide whether to buy a new Gravely Zero Turn Mower with 25 HP Kohler Courage PRO.

Should I buy or keep looking.
I have no Experience good or bad with any Kohler engines.

Any comments or experiences welcome.

Check Kohlerengines.com. The specs between the Courage V-twins and Command V-twins nearly the same. The Courage series single cylinder engines are a bit different though. I don't have personal experience with Gravely ZTRs, but they seem like nice compact, solidly built machines. Gravely has always been top-knotch IMO.

Joel

Seems the main difference in the Command and the Courage in Twins is the Command has Hyd. Lifters.

Also appears the Torque is different:
25HP Command list 41 ft. lbs. @ 2400 RPM
25HP Courage Pro list 44.8 ft. lbs. @ 2200 RPM.

Both the V-twin series have identical valve trains with hydraulic valve lash adjusters. I've been told that the Kohler lifters are identical to Chevy small block lifters.

Joel

FWIW- Kohler is generally a very good manufacturer of small engines. I have been out of the biz for over 3 years now and haven't heard of the Courage line. I had a 25HP Kohler Command engine that had a serious problem at 25 hours but after that ran very strong for over 2000 hours thereafter and I sold it. The problem was handled with zero problems and covered under warranty. I would buy a Kohler in a second. Just make sure that the dealer that you are buying from is solid. What kind of air filtration is on the unit you plan on buying?

The air filter and pre filter (foam) are larger (60% I think it said) than the non Pro version. Its not a commercial canister type.

The Courage line is not the quality the Command line was. It is meant for the lower end market. Commercial equipment still uses the Command and Command Pro line.

Originally Posted By: Brett Miller
The Courage line is not the quality the Command line was. It is meant for the lower end market. Commercial equipment still uses the Command and Command Pro line.
I fully agree.From what I have read the courage line of engines are JUNK.

Originally Posted By: coobie
Originally Posted By: Brett Miller
I fully agree.From what I have read the courage line of engines are JUNK.

I think you guys are confusing the 25hp Courage twin for one of the single cylinder Courage series engines. Those are very different engines and supposedly had issues early on, albeit caused more by the owner. Look at the specs for a Courage V-twin like the OP's 25hp question. They are nearly identical to the Command series twins.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back