Mystic Metal Mover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just used this product this weekend while drilling some 1/4" mild steel angle iron. I must say it is an impressive cutting fluid because I drilled through the angle like butter. Being a skeptic I tried it on a scrap piece of 316 stainless steel and it was almost as easy. This is some good stuff and you only need a few drops to make easy work of some normally tough to cut/drill metal. I give it an A.

Will do tom slick. I've cut, grinded, polished and welded a ton of stainless steel in my time. If dish soap is the magic elixir I'll be a happy guy because it is some tough stuff. Thanks!

Had good luck with mystic also, the sweet smelling thin watery stuff. Wasn't that good straight for tapping or theading pipe, mixed it with cutting oil.

I'll have to try detergent also next time. My tip for stainless is very slow bit speed with lots of feed pressure.

we do about 200-500 holes in stainless a month at work. The key is to keep the bit cool.

use a cobalt drill bit with liberal amounts of pure tap water and run the bit as slow as possible with heavy down pressure. The min the bit slips without cutting its junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back