CC cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone suggest a good combustion chamber cleaner? I've heard the mopar CCC was good. I've tried seafoam in every which way possible, seems to help slightly short term. I've also tried the misting water into the intake to "steam clean" the cyl. No such luck. My compression is 20-30 psi over in ea. chamber, assuming its carbon build-up. Maybe GM TEC? I've also heard of people soaking in MMO overnight, has anyone tried this? Any input appriciated, I'd prefer not to pull the head...

Sure, Amsoil P.I.
thumbsup2.gif

P.I. does clean very, very well. The last time I bought GM TEC they wanted $20/bottle!! Go with P.I. at the end of an OCI then do your steam clean.

Try B-12 Chemtool through the intake, using the same procedure as with seafoam or water.

It probably took years of buildup to get your compression to where it is, one treatment is not going to remove it. Keep at it. Also, try Regane in the tank every couple of fill-ups.

I've used 2 bottles of B-12 back to back, techron & regane through the gas multiple times. I recently did a CC soak of seafoam for 4 hours, which seemed to help a lot (butt dyno). I'm going to do another compression check tomorrow. I just got 2 bottles of PI in the mail Ill do more comp checks after ea bottle. I also heard BG44k was good stuff but its $21.50 for 11oz!

Yea I'm sure it took years to build up, the vehicle (96 Jeep GC 4.0) used to be my brothers. He would through all kinda oil adds in it for no reason. Has anyone ever tried the misting thing? does it really work?

To get rid of my persistent knock I've tried two applications of Deep Creep in the vacuum line, one application of Deep Creep in the spark plug holes at TDC for each cylinder, and one application of Seafoam Engine Cleaner in the brake vacuum line. None of them created carbon, smoke, or rough running. The more I try the more it looks like 4 months of LUCL+MMO in the gas have really done it.

I ended up experimenting with seafoam and filled ea. cyl up with it and let it soak 4 hours before getting to anxious and sucking it out. Brought comp down as much as 25 psi in one chamber. Im just wondering if i did this again if it would help because the valves and head are not getting soaked. Maybe ill try b-12 insteed. Amsoil pi in the gas tank now, also have a bottle of redline. ARX in the oil right now as well, have to wait till im done with that to start experimenting again.

Be sure to change your oil after soaking anything in the combustion chamber. Some of it will leak past your rings.

Do you have pre-ignition? Does the engine knock or ping under load?

If so, continue with your cleaning efforts. The carbon deposits are glowing red hot and igniting the fuel before the spark plug fires.

If not, don't worry about it. Try using FP Plus in your gas long-term, one ounce to 10 gallons. The combustion chamber will end up clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back