RXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
guess not
21.gif

RXP Gas Kicker is available at Autozone in a tiny red 2.5 oz bottle for $6.99. At the recommended treatment rate of 1 ounce per 10 gallons it is $0.28 per gallon of gas and at the advertised maximum 12% savings it's only saving $0.50 per $4 gallon of gas. Even if it gives all 12% savings it's hard to justify the cost.

After watching RXP how-it-works it should provide benefits other than cleaning which can be done with cheaper additives.

I saw some on clearance at Pep Boys once. Looked too flashy and was still over-priced. Don't sneeze, you'll lose $7!

I used it once several years ago when it first came out. I had a 1979 Trans Am with a 400 CI engine. I pulled one spark plug out and using a flashlight, I saw a lot of carbon build up on top of the piston. I put one bottle of RXP in and ran it through (1 tank) and then removed the same plug. Needless to say I was shocked to see how much cleaner the top of the piston was after one dose. A local pep boys had it on sale a few weeks ago for $4.50 a bottle and I bought 8 bottles. IMO, it is good stuff and it works as they say it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back